Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to say, and continuing on an earlier post, after that performance, and the last two seasons I am afraid that I am now hoping for a new manager.

Who, where from I have no idea but I am now fed up with RM .I am actually quite a patient chap and have given this a lot of thought tbh.

When your team is booed off the pitch at Goodison at HT in the first game of the season after so much time to get things right and with the horrendous run of fixtures that we have from now to the end of October I really fear for us.

If I hear "fantastic" from RM once more I will hit the roof.

COYB!!

....we have now conceded more goals on the opening day of the Premiership than any other team. We are good at records.
....we have now conceded more goals on the opening day of the Premiership than any other team. We are good at records.
Yeah, but only us RS United Chelsea Arsenal Spurs and Villa have been in the PL every season. Pluse we were useless in the 90s bar 1 season. Wouldn't get too worried about stuff like this (least of our problems).

It actually suprised me we weren't holders of that record already!

The crowd saw a continuation of last season's lethargy and porous defending, they are well within their right to make their feelings felt that the performance was unacceptable. Doesn't matter if its one half into a new season. The performance was exactly the same as last season so it will get the same response.

I really am at a loss with Martinez - exactly what has he changed from last season? The tempo is still none-existent and no midfielder seems prepared to stretch play.

This. I am losing faith in him. We concede goals so easily and then grind for the remainder of the game to get one back. We are just so easy to play against.

The fact that we play two defensive midfielders and still ship goals like there's no tomorrow without any hint of change forthcoming just defies belief.

Could have folded at 0-1 and then 1-2, but showed great character and mental strength to take what could prove to be a very important point come the end of the season in the battle for midtable obscurity.

As if the booing made a difference. Give your head a wobble.
They looked a completely different team. Obviously Martinez played a role as did the change bringing on Kone but a kick up the ass can help too.

I remember the same thing in the game against Kiev at home where they were walking around playing the game at walking pace and the crowd started booing and we saw a completely different team.

Obviously no one wants to see booing and it can create a toxic atmosphere but after a performance like that 1st half display it's completely justified.

How many times did we all say that last season?

And how many times have we said that at the start of a season?
Very true but this season is different with the early start. Signing 2 players this week means a completely different approach to Southampton, fans and players will be more up for it. Leave it till near deadline day and the 3 games will be near enough identical to today, which isn't good.

TL;DR? Sign Austin and Shaqiri before Southampton and we win that game. Save this.

They looked a completely different team. Obviously Martinez played a role as did the change bringing on Kone but a kick up the ass can help too.

I remember the same thing in the game against Kiev at home where they were walking around playing the game at walking pace and the crowd started booing and we saw a completely different team.

Obviously no one wants to see booing and it can create a toxic atmosphere but after a performance like that 1st half display it's completely justified.

Disagree on all fronts.

Perhaps the half time team talk changed things? Came out after the half and immediately were playing better.

Not at all believing booing changed anything at all. Same in the Kiev game.

Don't think this game today was as bad as people have made out. Last season I don't think there was many times at all where we came back from a goal down twice in a game. The first half was very poor but the way we bounced back gave me optimism for the season, with a couple of new faces aswell hopefully not too far away I think we'll see a change in mood from a few people.

Disagree on all fronts.

Perhaps the half time team talk changed things? Came out after the half and immediately were playing better.

Not at all believing booing changed anything at all. Same in the Kiev game.
In the Kiev game they started playing better, faster, more direct and with more efford during the first half so in that case it definitely wasn't anything Martinez did.

I sometimes wonder if they know they are giving a piss poor performance. It seems like a lot of the time they're going through the motions, motions that they've obviously been coached to do. Mourinho summed us up, "They're a team that like to keep the ball" and it wasn't a compliment.

Is Jags vocal enough as Captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back