Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So did we suddenly become more potent when Barry was removed from midfield...?

Hmm. Interesting.

Or maybe it was because they realised they had to pull their fingers out.

In that first half there was no one period in the middle of the park. That's why the ball kept going out to the sides. I don't know if it's tactics or that Ross isn't showing for the ball or McCarthy and Barry are too far back but in the games we struggle it's always for the same reason.

We need Shaqiri badly.
he looks every inch a CM playing out of position to me, you will still get superb moments from him out of position, but he either gets played cm or doesn't fulfill his huge potential I'd say

Better get some transfers in, I'm not watching that all season, turgid fare until a cameo by Kone rescued s point at home against relegation favourites. Martinez will gloss over this with some jarg excuse as usual.

I think you got a good point against a weakened Watford side. If Abdi had been playing, it would have been a walk over for us. As it is, considering our injuries and suspensions I'm not too concerned about a draw away at a bottom half side.

Thought you'd won that for a minute there, didn't you?

Denied by Arouna Kone. Must be a bitter pill to swallow, that. So late as well. x

I think you got a good point against a weakened Watford side. If Abdi had been playing, it would have been a walk over for us. As it is, considering our injuries and suspensions I'm not too concerned about a draw away at a bottom half side.

We had a Villa fan on this board years ago that talked a lot of smack just like you.

We don't hear from him anymore and I'm confident that at season's end, we won't hear from you anymore either.

Ta la.

The crowd again, sorry to say, didn't help in the first half. I understand the frustration, but the boo boys were out in force today before they even scored their first.

Deeney and Behrami both should have saw red.

Bad performance just hope Mirallas is alright and Deloufeu is fit for next week but that's our problem soon as one is fir the other is out.

Massively need a playmaker coming in and would love Austin alongside Rom won't happen like

And everybody here slagging Watford off for being c**p needs to realise there's no easy game in this league. They've got a strong squad and set up very well against us. Martinez simply hasn't learnt that against teams whose forwards press high and defence sit back, our 4-2-3-1 system doesn't work very well.
They didn't just sit back though. At times they did but other teams they also played a high line. Our problems are all down to us.

How can this was Howard's fault? You think Robles can save that?

Half the blame is his, the other half Stones'. Watch the goal again. Howard covers the near post, but Coleman and Stones are both covering that. When the striker cuts inside he doesn't react at all and leaves half the goal to aim at. Dreadful positioning.

Groundhog day! Going behind early to teams that aren't causing us too many problems. Just can't keep on accepting the line "at least we didn't lose", how many times have we said that. What has happened to home advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back