Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Match of the day highlights made us look quite unlucky I thought.....however very infuriated about the two testicles (shearer and mills) taking it upon themselves to sell stones to chelsea. great coverage by the bad bell whiffs!

It was Shearer and Murphy. But don't worry - Stones doesn't turn to either for advice.

He can grow with Everton. Chelsea want him for the long term - he clearly wouldn't play every week with Terry and Cahill there.

Why do we never stop the cross?!

This is the 1st cross which led to their throw in.

Mirallas jogging back not getting tight, Coleman standing there 5 yard away with arms behind his back doesn't close the player down just sticks his leg out.

It's Holebas their left back on the overlap putting the ball in so you'd think Mirallas would be tracking.

nt5EGgW.jpg

This is the 2nd cross from which they score.

Mirallas once again jogging back, he actually slows to a stop even before Jurado puts the ball in. McCarthy should have gone to close down the cross not a Watford player near him and Coleman... what the hell is he doing?!

BVNIfFD.jpg

Well illustrated.

Was saying this all last season. Major flaw in our game.

Well illustrated.

Was saying this all last season. Major flaw in our game.

There was a lot of talk from pundits and even players last season saying we need to get 'back to basics' to sort out of defensive frailties. Safe to say it hasn't happened over the summer.

If you look at how Wigan performed under Martinez as well you can guarantee that things will just carry on as they are.

It was Shearer and Murphy. But don't worry - Stones doesn't turn to either for advice.

He can grow with Everton. Chelsea want him for the long term - he clearly wouldn't play every week with Terry and Cahill there.
Doh! yup Bloomin salt of the earth murphy! My point is why do they decide to talk about selling our players! proper biffs like!

Mirallas jogging back not getting tight, Coleman standing there 5 yard away with arms behind his back doesn't close the player down just sticks his leg out.

It's Holebas their left back on the overlap putting the ball in so you'd think Mirallas would be tracking.

nt5EGgW.jpg

Mirallas once again jogging back, he actually slows to a stop even before Jurado puts the ball in. McCarthy should have gone to close down the cross not a Watford player near him and Coleman... what the hell is he doing?!

BVNIfFD.jpg

Nice analysis. I want to add not only did the players not try hard enough to get to the crosser, but I think Martinez is also to blame for the first goal for the team and formation he put out there. At the start of the game, Everton were playing a 4-3-3 with Cleverley, Barry and McCarthy in the mid 3. That leaves way too much room for Jurado to operate and get his cross in.

In this situation Coleman absolutely has to get to Jurado as his position is the most expendable (nobody is going to score from where Coleman is standing) and the others have to adjust depending on the next ball played. Neither Coleman nor McCarthy is anywhere near and once again there's an open cross.

There was a lot of talk from pundits and even players last season saying we need to get 'back to basics' to sort out of defensive frailties. Safe to say it hasn't happened over the summer.

If you look at how Wigan performed under Martinez as well you can guarantee that things will just carry on as they are.

I must say last season showed how stubborn Martinez was, he carried on with the same tactics when he had already been worked out by everybody in the league. His first game back didn't show me he had learned much, however his substitutions and tactical change in the second half at least rescued the game. He might not get so lucky against a better team next time.

You know what annoys me the most is that last season they played Arsenal off the park for 70 minutes and they never captured that form again. They should roll the tape again and work out why that was so successful (and also why they conceded two late goals).

nt5EGgW.jpg

BVNIfFD.jpg

Great analysis, I have been doing some thinking as well, I am starting to mull over the stones sale to chelsea more and more. We are clearly struggling with defense, the time of clean sheets is over for us we are getting to a point we need to outscore the opposition by scoring 3+ goals. I feel that the 26-30mil we could get for stones could get us some real quality up front and start getting us some more goals in our matches.

It is only the first game of the season and I can't judge stones fully just by that, he is young and shows great great promise, it really comes down to what RM's priorities are for the immediate future of the club.

Nice analysis. I want to add not only did the players not try hard enough to get to the crosser, but I think Martinez is also to blame for the first goal for the team and formation he put out there. At the start of the game, Everton were playing a 4-3-3 with Cleverley, Barry and McCarthy in the mid 3. That leaves way too much room for Jurado to operate and get his cross in.

In this situation Coleman absolutely has to get to Jurado as his position is the most expendable (nobody is going to score from where Coleman is standing) and the others have to adjust depending on the next ball played. Neither Coleman nor McCarthy is anywhere near and once again there's an open cross.

Wrong I'm affraid, mate.

We were playing 4-2-3-1, Cleverly on the left, Barkley behind Lukaku and Barry and McCarthy holding.

The space from the cross came from all of McCarthy, Mirallas and Coleman not closing down.

When Kone came on in the second half, then we went 4-3-3, with Kone, Lukaku and briefly Mirallas up top before being replaced by Oviedo. McCarthy, Barkley and Cleverly were then in the middle with Barry moving to Left-Back.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

No mate, the day we turned up with real optimism about the forthcoming season only to be dry bummed by Wenger & to realise that our defender was just gonna no be ar5ed until he got his move to citeh.
argh, i had about completely blocked that out.

Just finished watching the highlights of this game, Kone made a real difference when he came on, 2 up top looked like a good ploy for us, hopefully he can continue the form as he worked well in tandem with Lukaku.

I do wonder though whether all of our problems are up top? Our defence was all over the place, Watford could have scored 3 or 4 with some of the chances they had.

Cheer yourself up and read the posts made mid-game in this thread...sums up internet football fans.
The managers not got a clue with the changes he's made and Kone is rubbish. Apparently. Some posters should hang their heads in embarrassment with some of the baloney they type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back