Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Another great preview.
Looking forward to the season getting off to a start. I voted that I think we will win, but as this is a season opener against an unknown team I'm not sure. Hope to see an Everton team with tempo and urgency.
COYB

I hate playing newly promoted teams early on.

They're all full of spirt and industry. It's like a third round tie against a lower league team. They give it everything.

I prefer playing them after Christmas when they're looking over their shoulders and fearful.

But at least we're playing them at Goodison. Need to get this match, and the season, off to a flyer.

Watford fan here. No idea what to expect from this game - we could be amazing, could be a pile of crap, or everything in between. There's been no end of nonsense talked about us in the press from people who are even more clueless about what's going on at the Vic than I am, and the idea that we're simply relegation fodder has been largely based on previous struggling incarnations of WFC. This current set up is nothing like those of the past - which isn't necessarily to say that the 11 blokes out on the field will fare any better. Could be that the pundits are proved correct, but it won't be for the reasons they give.

hope this game brings some kind of feel good factor back for few of us older types. my first trip to wembley and got totally the wrong idea of what that was gonna be like thanks to some amazing Watford fans. Genuinely happy to be there and buying us pints after. Next one was Man U and after beating a knackered Everton side they were as snidey as the Kopites they used to hate.
Hope Watford stay up, Norwich too who were great when we won the league there. Come to think of it, hope we stay up too. We are great.

Watford fan here. No idea what to expect from this game - we could be amazing, could be a pile of crap, or everything in between. There's been no end of nonsense talked about us in the press from people who are even more clueless about what's going on at the Vic than I am, and the idea that we're simply relegation fodder has been largely based on previous struggling incarnations of WFC. This current set up is nothing like those of the past - which isn't necessarily to say that the 11 blokes out on the field will fare any better. Could be that the pundits are proved correct, but it won't be for the reasons they give.
I know very little of your current side apart from a few names like Deeney and Gomes, however it seems you've brought in a fair few signings.

That could either work wonders if they're talented enough to keep you up, or could just be another QPR where there's no cohesion or guile.

Hopefully the step up will not be too hard for you across the season, but for our own sake may you struggle considerably today!

saw you play with John Barnes and Luther Blisset at Goodison so I am going to expect something similar today. Can't remember too much but think you also had a seven foot forward and another tricky winger who was rated almost as highly as Barnes for awhile. Didn't see you at all last year. If you gonna get anywhere against us at the moment then it is best to sit a bit deep and be patient, so hoping you going to get over excited and come at us. Any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back