Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Watford. 8th Aug at 15.00.

Do you reckon we will win?

• Yes

Votes: 299 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 90 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 105 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't seem to be the Flores way. Our improvements have been overwhelmingly defensive (much needed) and whilst we'll be able to look after ourselves, we won't be a physical side punting the ball up to Deeney who (despite his bulk and strength) isn't a typical target man. In fact we haven't played long ball for years. We keep it on the deck and play some lovely flowing stuff. Or at least we did last season. Like I said earlier, who knows?
to be fair you were direct back then but not overally physical. sounds like there will be some nice open football today.enjoy the day out if you going

I think we've touched lucky here with this opening day fixture. They're going to find it hard to gel. If any other club were playing this outfit today you'd be giving them no chance of getting the points.

As long as we keep the tempo high we'll frighten the life out of them and give them a PL baptism of fire.
I hope this could be a hugely positive factor. From what I can tell, this isn't the same team which was promoted from the Championship.

They've added a lot of new players to their squad and you'll expect some or many to start. That many removed some fight and cohesion.

Burnley for example came up and fought last season. QPR who made wholesale changes looked gutless and out of their depth.

I'm hoping for the latter, but we need to come out and put pressure on them. If we let them into the game it could be much more difficult.

Bryan will start.
Imagine Browning will ride the bench, given he's probably a small step ahead of Galloway in his development and could cut it at Center Back and Left Back.

Errmm, isnt browning a cb/rb not lb mate, deffo right footed like

I hope this could be a hugely positive factor. From what I can tell, this isn't the same team which was promoted from the Championship.

They've added a lot of new players to their squad and you'll expect some or many to start. That many removed some fight and cohesion.

Burnley for example came up and fought last season. QPR who made wholesale changes looked gutless and out of their depth.

I'm hoping for the latter, but we need to come out and put pressure on them. If we let them into the game it could be much more difficult.
Looking at the Guardian likely line up for them today, it seems that half the team who finished last season wont be starting. Yes, they've had pre-season together, but a full competitive match is a different animal.

The first 20 minutes will be crucial for them. If we knock them off their feet in that period we could be in for a very good day.

Didnt realise that mate, would have thought galloway was ahead of him for lb though given he had a few games tail end of the season their
Yeah probably would be. But can only fit so many players on the bench so probably versatility is more important in this instance. Watch me be way wrong lol

The vote at the top of the thread
Far too negative boys and girls
It's opening day lets go out and win it's Watford FFs
Change your vote
COYB

Earlier in the week I thought this would be 1-1, now, as kick off approaches I think we will win. 2-1 will do.
I can see Watford sitting back trying to pick us off with breakaway. We will see what we learned from lesser teams doing this to us last season. Unfortunately we haven't yet bought the play maker who can unlock this type of defence.
If we play pocession football across the front of them it will be a long day. Let's get about them and show them how a Premiership team plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back