Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any good youth player needs 'nurturing' like Foden at City and a few others who are now coming good. Its no good chucking them in a the deep end simply because there is 'no one else' We had at least six players today with international experience but we have literally no back up if any of our senior players are injured. A Premier League club should not have to field two reserve goalkeepers to make up the subs bench. Even Pep would struggle to get much of a tune out of Everton at present. Digne is a world cup international for one of the top international teams in the world, but has been abysmal for Everton this season(post Euro blues...its happened to players before? ) But all that aside, the buck I think, should not stop at Benitez, but most certainly should stop at Brands. The only reason we have Rondon, for example, is because Brands had not addressed the back up striker situation a long time before Benitez arrived. Similarly the right back position, were Coleman should have had serious competition for at least the last three years.. Godfrey was from relegated Norwich and has the ability and know how of an average Championship player. There should be no room for managers to sign their 'mates'(Carlo with James and to a lesser extent Rafael with Rondon, although that was forced in the last minute because Brands had not done his job properly). Its pretty certain that Rafael spotted the availability of Gray and Townsend, I doubt it was Brands. So basically, a lot of Evertons problems must be laid at the feet of Mr. Brands.
Why didn't brands offer king another season as back up striker?

I've got to the stage where I just don't care anymore. How many times have we heard Seamus and (insert manager here) saying after a bad result, 'that performance was unacceptable at this club....blah blah blah blah.'

Well, these performances are obviously acceptable at the club as nothing ever changes after we have them. Unless something changes drastically, we will continue to have lots of these cr@p results, and WILL get relegated sooner rather than later.
I might just go fishing on a match day from now on, I am getting to old for all this stress .

20191015_203904_0000.png

Boooooooo
Yes, thats the only reason we stayed until full time. Wasn't going to let that lot walk off the pitch without letting them know what we thought of that performance. I cant remember a more shambolic Everton defensive display than that and Watford could easily have had a couple more.

Yes, thats the only reason we stayed until full time. Wasn't going to let that lot walk off the pitch without letting them know what we thought of that performance. I cant remember a more shambolic Everton defensive display than that and Watford could easily have had a couple more.

How bad was it at FT? When I left the streets were full, I'd imagine not many stayed

Status
Not open for further replies.