Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Game of the day on Sky ....what a surprise! Can watch the entire car crash again :Blink:
And of course the "Big Six" loving sycophants at Sky wont be absolutely gushing themselves silly at 'irrelevant evertons' hammering. Pretty sure if the scoreline was the other way around the Chelsea game/result would be the lead - but with just enough time to praise the great Rafael Benitez for his phenomenal work in taking Carlo's flops to definite Top4 challengers despite a thousand hurdles in his way........ ?

Genuine question , who is the third player to make a 3 man midfield?

Who have we actually got to play that role that's fit?
Gbamin made the bench - sooner see him that rondon taking the pee out of us.

If not him, holgate in defence and push Godfrey into the DM role?

Anything to not have to carry that waste of skin rondon.

I spent 20 minutes trying to find a way to watch this, fortunately I was unsuccessful. There are many ways to describe the result but I am unable to in polite company.

Shocking.
Horrendous.
Intolerable.
Troubling.
Everton.

Perhaps the other way around? Holgate did pretty well in midfield in the very short time Big Dunc played him there for pre-Carlo. It's an option Rafael should be considering at very least, given how weak and poor at game-reading Davies is.

Perhaps the other way around? Holgate did pretty well in midfield in the very short time Big Dunc played him there for pre-Carlo. It's an option Rafael should be considering at very least, given how weak and poor at game-reading Davies is.
Agreed mate - tomato tomahto

Gbamin is not going to be ready for the team for a long time mate, a LONG time. He hasn't played in like 2-3 years and even when he gets close, he reinjures himself. I'd be surprised if he can get himself even match fit properly for a good while let alone good enough to step in.

Playing defenders in midfield is never a good idea, didn't Phil Neville teach you this?!

This is some u11s stuff.

If it was an u11 game the manager would hook the entire defence and tell them they are to give up playing football because they will never be any good and they are an absolute failure and don’t bother trying in life because you'll fail at that too.

Just picking through the bones of this,Pickford,decent....ish shot stopper, rooted to his line for set pieces/corners too often, love Seamus but christ he should have been replaced a couple of years ago, culpable today as a captain too, Digne,abysmal,don't know what's happened, over a year he has been poor,limited going forward these days however defensively he is woeful,Keane,sorry he has been here long enough now, is lucky to be plying his trade in the PL as his performances are to often League One level,Godfrey I give him a bit of a pass on, down to the Manager this I feel, he shouldn't be playing, he doesn't look anywhere near the levels he was at, who knows how COVID has affected him?,Allan at least tried to get us going although he missed his big mate a lot,Davies,yeah a goal but he was awful, sideways, backwards passing for the most part, afraid his time is now up, had more than enough opportunities, Gray and Townsend still among our better performers although maybe their levels are now beginning to drop due to the dross around them,Gordon had a go, still not sure on this lad,I'll leave Rondon out of this as any more stick to him would be just too cruel lol Benitez too, awful today.
Apart from that everything is rosey

We do seem to blame manager after manager after manager, while the common issues remain... the gutless cowards on the field.
Exactly my point and obv some blame lies with managers but the reality is we've just recruited players with weak mindsets or bad attitudes for too long. Tbf though that does seem to be changing under Rafael with additions like Gray and Townsend. Ideally we need better quality than that down the line the but the attitude is correct

Status
Not open for further replies.