Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2 sons followed me as blueboys and are blue to the bone but what misery I’ve bequeathed them they are furious and fed up tonight as so many times before. So should I encourage my grandkids in a different direction? Is being a blue worth it ? Too late for me mind ?
Hopefully you're not serious, but It’s a sad post anyway, mate. Being a blue is the only right way. Players, managers, results come and go, being a blue is so much more.

Well, the match has happened and we’ve now had those consecutive home defeats that you feared.

I’m sorry but if we can’t win against average opposition at home, with all the fans behind us, then we’re in trouble.

Teams that lose at home tend to go down.
We’ve had worse luck with injuries than any other club in the Premier League. Take the RS’ main frontman out of their team and they’d be mediocre at best. But we were also missing our best midfielder today.

Hopefully you're not serious, but It’s a sad post anyway, mate. Being a blue is the only right way. Players, managers, results come and go, being a blue is so much more.
I know and the sparse highs are worth it I guess ?
But why doesn’t the manager know what we know ? take Gordon off ? Put Iwobi on at 2-1 ? Continue with Rondon for 90 minutes and not sub him when we go ahead ? It puzzles me and I see the screens at half time that show the kids going first game and billy over from USA for first game etc and we go 2-1 up at 74 mins to lose 5-2 against cannon fodder Watford.
then I go for a pint after the game in my local and the cabal of rs acolytes are sitting there smirking honestly why don’t we do things better our fans deserve better
But NSNO COYB blue forever ( and the grandkids )

Just picking through the bones of this,Pickford,decent....ish shot stopper, rooted to his line for set pieces/corners too often, love Seamus but christ he should have been replaced a couple of years ago, culpable today as a captain too, Digne,abysmal,don't know what's happened, over a year he has been poor,limited going forward these days however defensively he is woeful,Keane,sorry he has been here long enough now, is lucky to be plying his trade in the PL as his performances are to often League One level,Godfrey I give him a bit of a pass on, down to the Manager this I feel, he shouldn't be playing, he doesn't look anywhere near the levels he was at, who knows how COVID has affected him?,Allan at least tried to get us going although he missed his big mate a lot,Davies,yeah a goal but he was awful, sideways, backwards passing for the most part, afraid his time is now up, had more than enough opportunities, Gray and Townsend still among our better performers although maybe their levels are now beginning to drop due to the dross around them,Gordon had a go, still not sure on this lad,I'll leave Rondon out of this as any more stick to him would be just too cruel lol Benitez too, awful today.

I've given Benitez a fair bit of credit for the start he made and the overall fitness we have shown recently, but today was an absolute car crash for him, even given the stupid injuries we have.

For a kick off, you can't play 2 in midfield when doucoure isn't available, it doesn't work without him - should have went 3 across the middle, if any flavour of the crap midfielders we had available.

Second, taking Gordon off when he was having by far his most effective game for us was a shambles, and to say he doesn't have the legs for 90mins, when he leaves his bezzie mate wrongun lounging around the pitch for the full 90 comes across as just stupid and stubborn. Gordon was my motm by a mile, followed by Pickford (just for keeping the score down a little) and Richy, who actually looked bothered and looked like a proper forward, unlike rondon.

If gray was injured or as he said, had a cold, then I'm surprised he started, but I get the iwobi change, at a push (not that I would have brought him on tbh).

If I'm Dobbin, or any other young striker at the club, I'm on the blower to my agent asking for a move because I'll never play for Everton if rondon is getting minutes ahead of me playing like that - it's embarrassing now, rondon needs putting out of his misery (and ours while we're at it!)

Up there for one of our most spineless, abject performances ever, and we've had a few over the years.
Genuine question , who is the third player to make a 3 man midfield?

Who have we actually got to play that role that's fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.