Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v West Ham. 5th March at 1500.

What do you think should be Saturday's objective?

• Three points for the royal blues

Votes: 186 49.9%
  • Lay down a performance that shows we are progressing

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • Sign Willy Caballero

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • HURT PAYET

Votes: 140 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was mainly said in jest. Two things I notice consistently, we lose shape towards the end of games, particularly in midfield, and secondly as games progress we defend deeper and deeper, plus move out of the box slower and slower in second and third phases of attacks.

Is this a sign of a lack of physical or mental fitness?
Spot on. I think it is a bit of both. It was a long stint with ten men so they were bound to flag a little but they look tired at 75-80 mins in a lot of games. They are definitely mentally fragile. Defenders caught out for sure but the midfielders do seem to switch off and let the crosses in. Ironically this is the sort of situation their possession training is meant to come to the fore. WHU should not have seen the ball in the last few minutes although I acknowledge it is a tall order with 10 men. They beat Spurs midweek so not exactly rubbish. That said we gave it away showing the same flaws that have been there all season. Frustrating to say the least.

It is yes, only the Leicester result as they are running away with league, is OK, as the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, man Utd and man shitty will not win!

We did fantastically well to get a two goal lead with ten men,our mistake really was we kept going for more goals(it could have come off if the pen goes in)we don't show enough "savvy",a top,top side after Lennons goal would have made the game as scrappy as possible/broken play up at every opportunity and frustrated West Ham even further as they already must have felt they had wasted their opportunity to get back into the game and just basically saw it through for the points IMHO.

the missed penalty gave them a second wind and Bobby did not react to there subs by closing the game out. besic should have gone man to man on either lanzini or Payet. Song came on and took a grip in midfield which is when Barry should have come on. at 2 nil we still pushed too many forward and we're exposed yet again.

I know it's a bad pen but he's in the middle of the 6yrd box when he makes the save, it's a 7yrd penalty, and the Ref is right there on the spot watching it, he was inept today that £&%*!!!

Should have defended Antonio's cross far better, Barkley and Oviedo on him. Just make a challenge on him ffs.
Lukaku played well but he should be laughing going up to take that penalty... Don't be fancy, pick your corner and fkng bury it.

After MOTD my position has not changed, Jags and Mori were all at sea for those first two goals, simple crosses in the box and neither were anywhere near getting a head on them, I don't know what Bobby could have done about that, crosses are a CB's bread and butter basic defending duties.

Silent reader here for a long time.

I've enjoyed all your posts here about our beloved club. But today I need to express myself because this one is totally unacceptable..

Yes we were down to 10 men, but think you still bottled really make my blood boil..

FOR F**CKS SAKE EVERTON!!

Every so called top teams has been sh*te all season, we should capitalize that just like Spurs and Leicester and try as hard as we can to nick a top four finish..
But NO, we decided to being Everton as usual.

I'm done for this season lads.
:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back