Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v West Ham. 5th March at 1500.

What do you think should be Saturday's objective?

• Three points for the royal blues

Votes: 186 49.9%
  • Lay down a performance that shows we are progressing

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • Sign Willy Caballero

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • HURT PAYET

Votes: 140 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Penalty should have been retaken. I am as angry about the last quarter of an hour as anyone, but the refereeing again let us down. Terrible.

I voted
'Lay down a performance which shows we are progressing'

up to a point we did;

we did the 'lay down' bit and it was 'a performance'; we did the 'progressing' bit...just need to work on actual direction of progress...

Oh and although it wasn't an poll option a good result might've been nice.

Bilic's tactical and balsy substitutions won the game, compare it to our **** head of a manager taking Lennon off for a striker quite obviously not match fit, and then at 2-2 taking your best striker of for a middle aged mid-fielder when you need a goal - absolutely disgraceful. Martinez cannot manage a game, he is void of all tactical nous and never takes risks. I like West Ham, they are an ace team and great club and anyone else today and I'd be (slightly) more p****d than I am now. Bilic (an ex Everton player LOL) is an infinitely better manager than Martinez. Kudos to the Hammers today, but we really did throw it away.

Players are at fault also - where our our leaders on the pitch Get stuck in, tackle hard, take the game by the scruff of the neck FFS. 2-0 up with only 10 men, do NOT **** around with tiki taka passing, hoof the bloody ball down field, take it into the corner flags and dance with it for a few seconds. Kiick it into row z if you have to. DO NOT let the other team get any belief back that they can win, even if the position looks dire to them. Its basic stuff, kill the game off.

Everton, love 'em but they infuriate the **** out of me.

Rant over.

After MOTD my position has not changed, Jags and Mori were all at sea for those first two goals, simple crosses in the box and neither were anywhere near getting a head on them, I don't know what Bobby could have done about that, crosses are a CB's bread and butter basic defending duties.

Not made the ridiculous lennon-niasse substitution that allowed West Ham to come forward with impunity to cross the ball with their extra man every time? in one dumb move he's rid the team of its shape, thr harassment of their defence and an outlet ball for our defence / midfield. And it's just like Bournemouth and countless other times these past 2 seasons he is tactically clueless and inept at closing out a game.

Lennon -> Niasse

Dumb substitution which led to multiple easy crosses coming in from the right hand side of the pitch and subsequently... their goals.

A number of better options were available if Lennon was so desperately needing subbing. Straight swap Del same tactics, Barry for Lennon and a slight reshuffle of players.

Terrible decision again from Martinez, Niasse isn't even match fit, bringing him on when were 2-0 up with 10 men and just needing to seal the game out is awful management.

In these tough times everyone should rally behind the team and support the manager....on his way out..

Not sure what is worse , the losing itself or that feeling in your stomach when they went 2-1 that it was going to happen.
As much as I think Martinez is not up to it I cant help but come to conclusion that our players are just a bunch of losers and simple as that.
whether Martinez is the blame I dont know but the players have no confidence to see out games , no faith in each other and no right to call themselves a team.
They constantly bleat on and on about "hurting" and "lessons learned" but they continue to throw games away.
I havent been on here much and havent been watching Everton much last few months and I am better off for it I tell you.
I will always love Everton but this team are just pure and simple losers.

Mirallis and Martinez should go. The former was yet again sent off whilst the latter substituted Lennon with zero. We were playing with 9 men for the last 15 minutes. I hope the new investor will sort things in Summer and not wait for the start of next season.

Not sure what is worse , the losing itself or that feeling in your stomach when they went 2-1 that it was going to happen.
As much as I think Martinez is not up to it I cant help but come to conclusion that our players are just a bunch of losers and simple as that.
whether Martinez is the blame I dont know but the players have no confidence to see out games , no faith in each other and no right to call themselves a team.
They constantly bleat on and on about "hurting" and "lessons learned" but they continue to throw games away.
I havent been on here much and havent been watching Everton much last few months and I am better off for it I tell you.
I will always love Everton but this team are just pure and simple losers.
In any organization, team, unit there is a manager (s) responsible for all of this....looks like we have neither responsible managers..nor people who can make decisions and cut the losses....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back