Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v West Ham. 5th March at 1500.

What do you think should be Saturday's objective?

• Three points for the royal blues

Votes: 186 49.9%
  • Lay down a performance that shows we are progressing

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • Sign Willy Caballero

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • HURT PAYET

Votes: 140 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
West Ham exploited our achilles heal and it didn't take tactical genius to do it. Bilic used the alladyce type tactic of pump the ball in the box because we have little full backs and only one CB that can possibly win a header. The CMs are bypassed with the lumps and the attackers are usually one to one with the CBs. Our RB and LB allow too much space and invite the crosses time and time again. Jags put in a good few tackles in but in the air he is not good under pressure. I hope with the money we have we can get another CB who is good in the air and more defensive minded tall LB and RB

The goalkeeoer actually made it easier for Rom.

All he had to do when he committed himself like that was blast it down the middle or roll it into the far corner......in that picture the goalie is shaping lean to the right just as Rom is about to shoot.

Albeit he is indeed off his line and the penalty should have been retaken.

As Coutinho demonstrated last week, stopping your run just before you shoot reduces the power you can get into it and it becomes a routine save for a keeper reading you right.

The goalkeeoer actually made it easier for Rom.

All he had to do when he committed himself like that was blast it down the middle or roll it into the far corner......in that picture the goalie is shaping lean to the right just as Rom is about to shoot.

Albeit he is indeed off his line and the penalty should have been retaken.

As Coutinho demonstrated last week, stopping your run just before you shoot reduces the power you can get into it and it becomes a routine save for a keeper reading you right.

I was watching from the parkend so was behind rom. It looked to me like the goalkeeper dived then lukaku hit it at him. My first thought was the gk had made it easy.

Well yes, actually, if games that happened in the last month still count?
"If" is a fantastic argument regarding this season, it seems, especially after games like today.

Oh if only we'd won every single game, we'd be champions by now. If only this, if only that. Jesus wept, just admit that we're playing turd and the manager is doing ridiculous things nearly every week. There's optimism and then there's blind optimism, guess which one you're going for here?

So you can't see that we have a massive problem in defence, and you absolutely deny the 19 games from a winning position we've ended up losing or drawing (i.e. losing points from winning positions. 19 times, just to repeat) as they never happened, because "if only so and so"?

This wasn't even about Niasse coming on, it was about the player coming off - subbing Lennon off when he's not knackered and is doing a perfectly good job was stupid, and even more so putting another striker on, just because we're apparently going in for the kill again, something which has not worked more than twice in the last 3 years probably. Why not put Barry on then? Or even sodding Osman? To do that old reinforcing the midfield bit, to protect that fragile defence that we know we have, to stop the crosses every team in the Prem knows we're quite crap at?

End of the day, we don't do defending at Everton, it's not vital at all for Roberto Martinez' 'unique' and 'phenomenal' philosophy, and somehow people are continuing to buy it.

were missing a presence in midfield like fellaini
Doubt an immovable object has much of a presence if we want to play fast and on the ground tbh.

I mean Martinez had a few session with him and Fellaini even played in a friendly or two and I've never seen a midfielder look more out of p(l)ace - his movement compared to even Barry at his old age is nonexistant for some reason, and his passing is crab to the absolute extreme.

Even at United - De Gea had better pass rates in the opposition half in a few games... which means his goal kicks were more accurate then Fellaini's passes lol

Doubt an immovable object has much of a presence if we want to play fast and on the ground tbh.

I mean Martinez had a few session with him and Fellaini even played in a friendly or two and I've never seen a midfielder look more out of p(l)ace - his movement compared to even Barry at his old age is nonexistant for some reason, and his passing is crab to the absolute extreme.

Even at United - De Gea had better pass rates in the opposition half in a few games... which means his goal kicks were more accurate then Fellaini's passes lol
moyes' fellaini was ace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back