Everton V West Ham FA Cup 6/01/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
...two aspects of the game, attacking and defending. Both are important but it's almost as though we are not coaching our defenders. Concerning in our predicament that players don't appear to know their defensive roles and responsibility.

Can't go out with the philosophy that if you score 2 we'll get 3. Need to work on that and be hard to beat.

Good: Naismith, Barkley and Besic but I think Besic could do with a bit more direction from Martinez.

The rest were okay, but Jags and Distin are a nightmare waiting to happen. Robles hasn't got a clue what to do out there, but he made a couple decent saves.

our lack of width is evident - west ham have a lot of space down our wings when we lose the ball. then again, if i was manager looking at our wingers, i would be wondering who the feck to pick as well

Well for me this performance so far has been an improvement. By no means great, but an improvement (guess it's not hard to improve on recent performances).

For one, we have actually challenged their defence and been brave enough to try through balls. The players also look like they're giving it a real go. Lukaku is getting a lot more involved and looks up for it(finally!).

However, we're STILL passing backwards all the way to the keeper at times(even the players look confused and frustrated by this) and I have nothing good to say about our defence.

Good: Naismith, Barkley and Besic but I think Besic could do with a bit more direction from Martinez.

The rest were okay, but Jags and Distin are a nightmare waiting to happen. Robles hasn't got a clue what to do out there, but he made a
couple decent saves.
when some people have an agenda, they stick to it

our lack of width is evident - west ham have a lot of space down our wings when we lose the ball. then again, if i was manager looking at our wingers, i would be wondering who the feck to pick as well

Yep. Mirallas and Barkley aren't the players who'll track the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back