Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So my wife, daughter, and I are on the train from Manchester airport on Friday morning, heading to Liverpool after getting off the red eye from JFK. A husband and wife get on a few stops before Lime Street. They hear our American accents and see my wife prod me awake and remark that we must have traveled a long way and what brings us to Liverpool? We say that we’re Everton supporters and we’re heading to a match. She rolls her eyes smiles and shakes her head, she’s a Red, but her husbands a Blue. He seems delighted that a bunch of Yanks have come so far for what seems like very little reward other than to get stick from his wife, like he has done for 30 years.

Train pulls in to Lime Street. I’m pulling the bags out of the racks. My wife and daughter step out to the platform. The kindly gent hands something to my wife and says “give this to your husband” and they’re off.

This is worn down to the bare metal. I don’t know how many years he’s had his keys on it but it’s been a long time. A two minute conversation with some weirdo on a train and he gifts it.

I was overwhelmed. Tearing up a bit now again typing it out tbh. I sometimes have trouble explaining to American friends not steeped in footy culture what has grabbed me about this club…. and here it is. Those who understand need no explanation.

If this is you, or if your grandfather, dad, uncle or brother told you about gifting his key fob to some Yank yesterday, You were gone before I could give proper thanks but please know that this made me really happy.

Now I’m not even going to complain about how the stewards of our club aren’t fit to scrub the floors of the rank and file Blues who fill the stands and pay their wages. I’ve come a long way for this. Let’s just smash these today, get that big Italian fellow in, and get on with it.

NSNO
UTFTView attachment 224468
Hopefully you've got kids and grandkids that this family heirloom can find its way to in the future.

Your solicitor passing this to your grandchild after you die:

The way your old grandad looked at it, this key ring was your birthright. He'd be damned if any Kopites gonna put their greasy hands on his boy's birthright, so he hid it, in the one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the key ring. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my ass for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the key ring to you.

Predicting an unprecedented moment and both a goal and a point. 1-1. Would stop the rot and set us up for a run of winnable games. COYB. Onana.

5'5 Neal up against Dawson and Kilman with a combined height of almost 13 foot. Should be good seeing Tarks and Keano blasting the ball up field to Maups this afternoon.
Its good seeing us play a long ball forward when we have Dom up there, but the fact we still do it when Maups is up shows we do not change our style of play depending on who is on the field. This, for me, is what we would need yo focus on in training the most. Maupay is not a target man

Taking my boys to the game today. Will the players arrive on Goodison Road or through the Park End?
Shame mate, taking young children to watch an Everton match is tantamount to child abuse! 😜

It'll traumatize them for life!

Lol, just kidding mate... I hope our boys pull their thumbs out of their collective arseholes and win today, FFS!

Hopefully you've got kids and grandkids that this family heirloom can find its way to in the future.

Your solicitor passing this to your grandchild after you die:

The way your old grandad looked at it, this key ring was your birthright. He'd be damned if any Kopites gonna put their greasy hands on his boy's birthright, so he hid it, in the one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the key ring. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my ass for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the key ring to you.
I realized what you were up to halfway into this and I choked on my coffee laughing. Excellent.

If either do start, when the announcer reads out their names, it will be greeted by silence at best, but more likely booing. Their confidence will be shot before the game even kicks off.

Danjuma and Dobbin both showed enough to earn the start over Maupay, and unlike Keane there doesn’t seem to be a Dyche bias for playing Maupay.

So my wife, daughter, and I are on the train from Manchester airport on Friday morning, heading to Liverpool after getting off the red eye from JFK. A husband and wife get on a few stops before Lime Street. They hear our American accents and see my wife prod me awake and remark that we must have traveled a long way and what brings us to Liverpool? We say that we’re Everton supporters and we’re heading to a match. She rolls her eyes smiles and shakes her head, she’s a Red, but her husbands a Blue. He seems delighted that a bunch of Yanks have come so far for what seems like very little reward other than to get stick from his wife, like he has done for 30 years.

Train pulls in to Lime Street. I’m pulling the bags out of the racks. My wife and daughter step out to the platform. The kindly gent hands something to my wife and says “give this to your husband” and they’re off.

This is worn down to the bare metal. I don’t know how many years he’s had his keys on it but it’s been a long time. A two minute conversation with some weirdo on a train and he gifts it.

I was overwhelmed. Tearing up a bit now again typing it out tbh. I sometimes have trouble explaining to American friends not steeped in footy culture what has grabbed me about this club…. and here it is. Those who understand need no explanation.

If this is you, or if your grandfather, dad, uncle or brother told you about gifting his key fob to some Yank yesterday, You were gone before I could give proper thanks but please know that this made me really happy.

Now I’m not even going to complain about how the stewards of our club aren’t fit to scrub the floors of the rank and file Blues who fill the stands and pay their wages. I’ve come a long way for this. Let’s just smash these today, get that big Italian fellow in, and get on with it.

NSNO
UTFTView attachment 224468
I hope you brought some of that good ol' fashion brazen American luck with you mate! God knows we need it.

I hope the boys put on a good show for you today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back