Match Thread Everton vs Manchester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hard to figure Everton out this season you just don't know what you are going to get from one week to the next. Home defeats to the likes of Burnley and Fulham ect shouldn't be happening. They looked so good at the start of the season as they were able to get Calvert Lewin into goal scoring positions and now it seems th last few months he is dropping deeper and deeper to get on the ball.

Your Man City team is on a different wavelength to pretty much any side on the planet, how much was your bench worth? 400 Million? Pep will probably sign a few more players by December worth another 300 Million. No one can compete with this. Everton's squad is so piss poor they put a 5th choice goalie on the bench as opposed to Bernard.

Everton need at least 6 players to be competitive, Sigs/Gomes/Coleman are sub players Vs City - they are good enough for lesser teams but no chance against the best, to compete with the best Everton probably have

Keane Digne
Allan Doucoure
Rich Lewin
James?

That's 7 players, I left out a goalie as there still seems to be a ? over that position. All the others are voids that need filling in and James is another? as he seems to be in the treatment room more than on the field.

That is the stark reality of Everton when it comes to playing the best, well short of quality

Expected result. but what can one expect against arguably the best team in the PL when we have so many key players injured.

would Doucoure have made that much a difference? James? I cant see James having much of the ball or having much of an impact.

Doucoure yes but not sufficient to tide the result in Everton's favour, at one stage Everton had something like 17 passes against 200 or 300 or something bonkers like that.

would Doucoure have made that much a difference? James? I cant see James having much of the ball or having much of an impact.

Doucoure yes but not sufficient to tide the result in Everton's favour, at one stage Everton had something like 17 passes against 200 or 300 or something bonkers like that.

Who knows it may have made a difference we will never know now.

I am angry pal, angry at people like you justifying that crap and accepting it.
Personally I thought we would have been beaten more comprehensively than that.

It seems that some defeats/performances this season are washed over because of the manager we have, any of our last 4 managers would have been slaughtered for some results this season.

However, I can see some progression from last season, even with such an awful squad.
If we miss out on Europe, the manager/Brands have to take the blame for that, only buying King in January was a mistake, he’s clearly not wanted, even we had players out he couldn’t get in the team.

Your Man City team is on a different wavelength to pretty much any side on the planet, how much was your bench worth? 400 Million? Pep will probably sign a few more players by December worth another 300 Million. No one can compete with this. Everton's squad is so piss poor they put a 5th choice goalie on the bench as opposed to Bernard.

Everton need at least 6 players to be competitive, Sigs/Gomes/Coleman are sub players Vs City - they are good enough for lesser teams but no chance against the best, to compete with the best Everton probably have

Keane Digne
Allan Doucoure
Rich Lewin
James?

That's 7 players, I left out a goalie as there still seems to be a ? over that position. All the others are voids that need filling in and James is another? as he seems to be in the treatment room more than on the field.

That is the stark reality of Everton when it comes to playing the best, well short of quality
It will come. It takes time and investment.
It took City 4 years even with the lottery win.
It took Ferguson at United 5 years with massive investment also.
Another 2 transfer windows to bring in some quality and off load the dross I reckon.
It always takes much longer than we would like. The main thing is that the trajectory is upwards.
It bodes well for the future.

Another 2 transfer windows to bring in some quality and off load the dross I reckon.
It always takes much longer than we would like. The main thing is that the trajectory is upwards.
We said this back when Koeman and Walsh were in the team management

The trouble is getting rid of the deadwood as many are on on lucrative wages and will not leave and no one will sign them, in fact its what is killing Everton.
Mirrallas
Bolasie
Niasse
Sandra
...and everyone else loaned out at present/other deadwood we have had
Delph
Sigs
Iwobi
Bernard
Gomes
Gbamin

The list is exhaustive and comprehensive and its still crippling the club

Last edited:
Personally I thought we would have been beaten more comprehensively than that.

It seems that some defeats/performances this season are washed over because of the manager we have, any of our last 4 managers would have been slaughtered for some results this season.

However, I can see some progression from last season, even with such an awful squad.
If we miss out on Europe, the manager/Brands have to take the blame for that, only buying King in January was a mistake, he’s clearly not wanted, even we had players out he couldn’t get in the team.
King was Cup Tied yesterday!

I am angry pal, angry at people like you justifying that crap and accepting it.
What else can we do?
He would not have been playing anyway - I don't think even on the bench, Carlo doesn't rate him

I said over a month ago he wont even score 1 goal and I got loads of sneers and middle fingers - the usual jibes
i wasnt sure about him either. His record isn’t great.
He’ll be gone in summer.

Its almost impossible for other clubs now because they are prevented from spending like City and Chelsea could. The rules are there to stifle competition.

We need more players but its very hard to get them when players who don't feature won't leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back