Match Thread Everton vs Ruzemberok, Thursday 27th July, 8.05pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Rooney has had a decent half. Incredible pass for Klaasen's chance, nearly put DCL in and that dummy for Mirallas was very unlucky. Advanced footballing intelligence.

Guess I'm in a minority though...

only player who seems to understand that you don't score goals by getting a certain % of possession in your own half

Martina has been absolute turd, got spun about 3 times defensively, offensively just keeps passing DCL into the corner flag.

Towards the end there, their winger turned like a truck, but Martina turned like an iceberg so still had the beating of him.

He looks half decent going forward, but nowhere near good enough to compensate for that low level of defending.

We are playing to much at feet, instead of penetration passes behind the back four.
Guye has been good and Klassen is a real workhorse. Calvin-Lewis has showed glimpses of what he can be.
Mirallas is Mirallas, started good but faded away as always.

We need a passer in midfield that can opens the defense, no one on the bench that springs to mind.

I think Rooney has had a decent half. Incredible pass for Klaasen's chance, nearly put DCL in and that dummy for Mirallas was very unlucky. Advanced footballing intelligence.

He's head and shoulders above footballing intelligence wise.

Still worried about our attack. Koeman wants goals spread across the squad. Can't see it from the players out on that half.

Full backs have been poor, Williams is a mess, Rooney meh, Kev doing his best Houdini act after 10 minutes. Would say Klassen has looked sneaky, like him. DCL not bad when he stops with the crap tricks and Ganalin as steady as ever.

I'm with ya. DCL has been the only really bad performance. Rooney, Schneiderlin, Keane and Klaassen pretty good, the rest a bit meh.

I find the whole DCL criticism harsh. He's been stuck out on the wing and was a striker when we bought him. I don't imagine Lukaku would shine in that role.

The absolute state of some on here thinking we should be 5 nil up already and charging forward non stop.

If you play European games with your heart and not your head, snides like these will take advantage. Pretty sure Korean knows what he's doing like.

Kim Jung-un wouldn't have played Martina as a right back or Rooney as a lone striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back