Match Thread Everton vs Wolves - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1647268980966.png

Could we for once get a decent referee by the way?

We need all the help we can get, and Oliver gave us nothing yesterday as usual.
Oliver was OK, he’s not there to give us things, he gives what he sees and that’s why he is one of the top referees in Europe.

Last edited:

I know a lot of people on here hate Keane but being already without Mina there is no height either in defence or attacks (for corners) and at least he can pass a ball to our own men. Get off his back because he is nowhere as bad as some people make him out to be, yes he makes some mistakes but show me a player who doesn't, we missed him today in my opinion.
That most expensive of centre backs, Harry Maguire, scored an own goal at the weekend that made Michael Keane's effort look amateurish lol. You're right, all players make mistakes, and in this case it was the failure to stop the cross (a common failure with our defence it seems) that put him in that sorry position. It's all hands to the pumps time lads, the ship is sinking!

These sort of knee-jerk reactions don’t help anyone.

Our players gave absolutely everything yesterday, which is obviously all we can ask of them. The quality simply isn’t there. It’s as simple as that. Blame six years of terrible recruitment policy, not the players.

We were miles better than we were at Tottenham. In the first half of the match the players really responded to the support of the fans and we were actually the better team.

These sort of knee-jerk reactions don’t help anyone.

Our players gave absolutely everything yesterday, which is obviously all we can ask of them. The quality simply isn’t there. It’s as simple as that. Blame six years of terrible recruitment policy, not the players.

We were miles better than we were at Tottenham. In the first half of the match the players really responded to the support of the fans and we were actually the better team.
Agree and the booing and chanting of "not fit to wear the shirt" that happened after the game will not help at all. I understand the anger but it's pretty much cutting your nose off to spite your face. They did try and it was a marked improvement on Spurs. I think people see teams like Wolves at home as "expected" wins then fume when that doesn't happen.

Oliver was OK, he’s not there to give us things, he gives what he sees and that’s why he is one of the top referees in Europe.
I thought the foul by Coady on Richarlison in the first few minutes was much worse than the two fouls by Kenny for which he received two yellow cards and a sending off, Coady never got a caution but was booked later in the game which would have meant him being sent off.

A foul which warrants a yellow card is valid no matter how early in the game the foul is committed, Oliver gave Coady a walkover instead of a yellow card, if Michael Oliver is one of the top referees in Europe it doesn’t look good on the rest of them. I think most of them never had any dads!!

That most expensive of centre backs, Harry Maguire, scored an own goal at the weekend that made Michael Keane's effort look amateurish lol. You're right, all players make mistakes, and in this case it was the failure to stop the cross (a common failure with our defence it seems) that put him in that sorry position. It's all hands to the pumps time lads, the ship is sinking!
The problem is if you take Keane out and play Holgate and Godfrey at the back there is no height at both ends to defend or attacks from corners or free kicks unless you use Branthwait (sorry not sure of spelling) and we have scored a couple of goals from corners this season, need a bit of height.

Status
Not open for further replies.