Match Thread Everton vs Wolves - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How could we honestly get behind that performance, the players were actually making the crowd frustrated because they couldn’t get out of their own half with seven or eight passes before turning back with another four or five passes back to Pickford who then started the whole frightening passing out again with hardly any progress forward. It was boring and pitiful to watch professional footballers scared witless when receiving the ball, none of them wanted it and it was patently obvious none of them knew how to take control and make ground, draw an opponent out and pass the ball forward for a team mate to run onto, pathetic, give us something exciting to watch and we know how to get behind the team, there was nothing much today, we’re not stupid we can’t cheer hopelessness.
Sums up the game and team perfectly. Good post I think tomorrow's papers will be pinching your copy

Very worrying times, lampard hasn't got time to flute around either, just play VDB, doucoure and Allan as the 3 and work around that, why drop Allan today, VDB can't play in a 2....also why was JJK and Colemans positions jot switched? Coleman has done well before in a back 3 and he clearly hasn't the legs to play wing back??

On a side note JJK is league 1 standard, shocking player

Why are we playing 523? Anyone can see we are not good enough to play that way, I’m sick of seeing us play that formation and then getting overrun in midfield. We should be playing 433 or 451, hopefully Lampard will realise this soon. I know we have had problems with injuries, but the results have been poor and one way or another we need points, the manager needs to find a system that works
Correct. Irrespective of injuries he needs a settled formation. Personally I would go 4 5 1 with Gordon and Townsend wide. Allan doucoure and gray/dele in a more central role. We have no midfielder who is linking play and ball carrying centrally.

Lampard got it wrong but even still we had chances but never worked.

For Newcastle, we have to stop Saint Maximum so luckily we have Godfrey back to match his pace. They will play a 4-3-3 which sits into a 4-5-1 and expect crosses.

We need to be positive and pen them back.

I would look to a 3-5-2 with Townsend and Gordon either side of Allan, Doucoure and Van De Beek. They are comfortable on the ball and can cross well so gives us balance and pace plus they work hard for the team.

Defensively, we are short but we have pace with Godfrey and Holgate so for me I'd look at Branthwaite to add to the height at the back especially with Wood there.

Upfront it all depends on DCL, IF he is fit, he starts with most likely Richarlison but if he is struggling bench him and Dele has to make the most of his position. Use him with Richy as No 10/false forwards which give Newcastle's defence problems.

Pickford (C)
Godfrey - Holgate - Branthwaite
Gordon - Allan - Doucoure - VDB - Townsend
Richarlison - DCL/Dele

It feels a bit like when we lost to was it Sheffield Wednesday at home way back when it looked like we were going down about 20 years back but we managed to survive

After watching the game and having time to reflect on all that went down, give credit where it is due. Wolves looked like a sound squad. They didn't do anything flashy and they grinded out a win away. I hate talking like this because it sounds cliche but if this team had any sort of heart and passion for their teammates and the club, they could have won this game. We are absolutely poor but it is embarrassing seeing the reaction of the players any time they are faced with some sort of adversity.

Status
Not open for further replies.