Everton Youth Teams Thread

The Football Observatory listed the 100 most productive academies in Europe. Ajax were at the top, Everton did not make the list. From the PL, only the two Manchester clubs and Arsenal were included.

Everton obviously suffer from the fact the PL forces clubs to buy the best of the best to survive, but I still believe the way forward is through improved Academy production. It would be great to see more of these kids make it at Everton. Southampton have set a good benchmark in that regard, and I see no reason why Everton shouldn't strive for a similar ratio in their squad.

(Apologies if that's an Americanized view of things.)

bit iffy that stat. like people have said, you buy promising 15/16 year olds - well prem teams do, look what we did with green. we should get some reward if he makes a prem debut, but it's more down to bradford.

We have plenty in Football League and they're playing in decent clubs - Baxter and Wallace at Sheffield United, Bidwell at Brentford, Forshaw at Boro, Akpan at Reading.

We have plenty in Football League and they're playing in decent clubs - Baxter and Wallace at Sheffield United, Bidwell at Brentford, Forshaw at Boro, Akpan at Reading.
James Vaughan at Huddersfield as well.

However, thinking about James Vaughan and Victor Anichebe (and Hallam Hope and other nameless ones down the years) we do seem to have a Duncan-sized hole when it comes to academy forwards.

McAleny (hardly a youth any more) is struggling to get off the bench for Cardiff and Chris Long is doing late game cameos for Brentford (while an Arsenal youngster is scoring a hat-trick for the same team). Courtney Duffus played three games for Bury and got swapped for Hallam Hope. Sam Byrne (picked up from United on a free) seems to have sunk without trace.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-academy-coach-paul-8716759

Our
under 18's boss has said that Davies and Walsh could form a central midfield duo in the first team.

Having watched the game back adding to what I put previously it is hard not to be very impressed with Walsh. He has abilities that mark him out to others at that age, notably his vision and passing range. His pass for the first goal to Donuhue was absolutely top class.

Davies is a more interesting one. He has been moved about a fair bit this season, played at right back etc. He captained the under 16's last year, who are known as one of our best year groups. He is said to be a bit of a Ledson clone in his abilities.

I really think we are well served with central midfielders coming through. I am not so worried about Barry etc because of this. I suspect Barry will be fazed out and replaced by Ledson over the next year or so. Within that time Walsh and possibly Davies could be in and around the first team set up then. Alongside Kenny who could be deployed in Defensive midfield, we are very well covered in that position.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back