Everton Youth Teams Thread

..for those as old as me, Gibson is in the Kevin Beattie mould in that he’s barrel chested, powerful lad as opposed to the height you associate with modern CBs. I think the coaches like him and I think they rate him.
At the start of last season Gibson was my outside tip for a 1st team debut at left back based upon his England U17s and pre season games . He’d have done it too out in Cyprus but he wasn’t qualified for Europa ( needed 2 years at the Academy.) He looked very impressive at CB in the last few U23s games when he was Captain and “looked after” other young defenders he played with like Ouzounidis, Michael Collins and Ryan Astley - not bad for someone who’s still only 17 himself. He could be the defensive focal point of the U23s next season if Feeney goes out on loan.

Is that 'joe' hiton the keeper? If so, any good?

Denny and Hornby ive heard most about here so assume they are the only ones capable of the step up and the others more of a 'give them another chance'...

It appears as though there may be a number of u23s shifted on as well? Looking at the loans theyve had and shown something enough to be sold to a lower league side...

Will be interesting to see what happens to Connolly, williams and robinson i think.
Yes it’s Joe Hilton , signed from City two years ago , still only 18 , a big guy about 6foot 13 ins and has looked good when he’s stepped up to u 23 level. Hewelt had a couple of poor games towards the end of the season and many think Hilton is the better of our young GKs. We’ll know more this coming season.

Yes it’s Joe Hilton , signed from City two years ago , still only 18 , a big guy about 6foot 13 ins and has looked good when he’s stepped up to u 23 level. Hewelt had a couple of poor games towards the end of the season and many think Hilton is the better of our young GKs. We’ll know more this coming season.

I was disappointed Hilton was dropped for Hewelt towards the end of the season as i think he had looked assured

Nothing. None of them should have played full-back for us.

*shrug* Dunno, he's just gonna be good.
A lot of young central defenders learn their first team trade as a full back.
It may be that he could be sent out on loan as well but he almost definitely will be put straight into a premiership team with no experience.

A lot of young central defenders learn their first team trade as a full back.
It may be that he could be sent out on loan as well but he almost definitely will be put straight into a premiership team with no experience.

They do but just saying, for the fortunes of our first team, it's a complete waste of a position. Good for his development but detrimental to the chances of us winning a game.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back