Everton Youth Teams Thread

Im not being funny or nothing lads, but :

DCL at 21 = 23 goals
Arry at 21 = 22 goals

Just saying yano lads.

Check out his goals last season compare to Rashford (in the league) and then goal involvement (goals + assists). They are the same age. Rashford plays in a much better team. It's interesting how we view both differently.

Check out his goals last season compare to Rashford (in the league) and then goal involvement (goals + assists). They are the same age. Rashford plays in a much better team. It's interesting how we view both differently.

He has missed some sitters like, I think that goes against him, its only the really special players who can bury every chance tho and not many of them were doing it at 21, unless they were freaks, like Rooney for example.

Shearer at 21 had scored 22 goals, for example.

This is a fun game.

So far DCL has outscored Harry Kane and Alan Shearer at the same age.

He has missed some sitters like, I think that goes against him, its only the really special players who can bury every chance tho and not many of them were doing it at 21, unless they were freaks, like Rooney for example.

Shearer at 21 had scored 22 goals, for example.

This is a fun game.

So far DCL has outscored Harry Kane and Alan Shearer at the same age.

I think what DCL shares with Kane is a fantastic attitude for the game. However even though quite underwhelming at youth level he was always known as a top slotter. You can certainly improve finishing but there is also something natural to it, he will never be Kane and he will never be as good as even Tosun (who for me is a natural goalscorer).

You do have to look at what the lad has in his favour though. He is as good as anyone in the air for his age. That should get better as he fills out a bit, if not with the height he gets but with his ability to knock people out of the way/hold off challengers in the air. He is the best I've seen since Ferguson, watch his climb against Stoke for Tosuns 2nd goal, he absolutely dominates their centre half (Shawcross I think) to allow for the space for Tosun.

For me he also works incredibly hard and possesses good speed. Some of the runs he made, Swansea at home comes to mind as does Huddersfield were good but too inconsistent. He needs better service too. However he runs well, is a fit lad and works very hard.

If he can improve those two attributes, plus improve composure/technique he has a big future. All the indications are that he is a great pro who listens and improves and he kicked on a lot last season.

In the air, he needs to time jumps better and time runs better to give himself the best chance. Centre halves won't live with him if he does. Likewise with the runs in behind it is about setting himself up for the right runs and hoping we have the players to feed him. If the lad gets to his full potential, he could emulate the best aspects of Ferguson in the mid 90's and Bent for the first half of 2004/5 (though a bit better technically). That would be a serious player in his own right.

Thats a best case scenario but the promise is there, hopefully we have the right coach to do that now. Under Moyes he'd have got better. There's a lot of ingredients there. He matched RAshford last season, who most people would pay 50 million quid for. Yet we would go either way on DCL. A lot of that is perceptions from the media. I'd have RAshford all day by the way, but DCL also has a lot of promise.

Am I? That’s odd because I’m sure he’ll improve and I already think he’s good.

My opinion has always been that we’ve asked too much of him and that he’s not a natural finisher. My biggest bugbear has always been that the comparisons to Kane et al are counter productive, increasing the pressure on him and leading to people thinking he’s not reached his potential when he turns out not to be as good. I’ve seen it happen to the likes of cadamarteri, branch, Rodwell and Barkley - even stones, laughably - so I’d rather wait until he is top class before I start trumpeting about how he’s the second coming, but I appreciate that’s not everybodys style.

In many ways we have had the big problem Eng;and have had, which is producing great players to 16/17/18/19 but ultimately them not kicking on. There is a variety of reasons for this. Last season we played more lads 21 and younger than any other team. We played more than treble all but one team. We always have done really, but they don't kick on. Thats the question that needs to be answered.

In many ways we have had the big problem Eng;and have had, which is producing great players to 16/17/18/19 but ultimately them not kicking on. There is a variety of reasons for this. Last season we played more lads 21 and younger than any other team. We played more than treble all but one team. We always have done really, but they don't kick on. Thats the question that needs to be answered.

Park
End.

Did Robinson not travel with the first team to Austria? Don't see him in any of the media the club has put out. Maybe that is an indication that they don't think he's ready to step up.

Did Robinson not travel with the first team to Austria? Don't see him in any of the media the club has put out. Maybe that is an indication that they don't think he's ready to step up.

pretty sure he would have went with them unless he picked up an injury, joe williams the only one definitely not away that was out on loan cos hes injured.

Mampala has signed 1st pro deal now, doesn't say how long for, I'd guess 2 yrs.

Still no word on new academy intake? Thought names were usually out at this stage.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back