Everton Youth Teams Thread

Back home. Few more thoughts:

Was good to see the team playing our consistently from the back. All the back 4 + the keeper looked comfortable with the ball and playing it back and across before moving it into midfield or going long if they had too. Astley looked pretty solid at the back and good bringing the ball out of defence. Collins looked the better of the two fullbacks to me, definitely seemed to get forward and involved more.

Carroll and Gordon floated around quite a lot. Gordon seems to be the go to guy, buy Carroll is very decent and tricky too, and looks like he likes to get stuck in. They both seem to go down a bit easy tho - Gordon especially seems to throw himself on the floor when fouled, and sometimes when he just thinks he's been fouled! Going off of this single performance though I would say that he needs to play up a level. Think he needs to be challenged more, not that this level is too easy so to speak, or he was just constantly beating his man etc etc, but he did more often than not, and sometimes he was trying unnecessary flicks and tricks etc that weren't really on. Feel like playing at a higher level would focus his mind more and get that extra 5-10% out of him.

The other two in midfield were both pretty good too. Those four moved the ball around very nicely at times.

Ellis and Adedoyin played upfront. Thought they did ok. Ellis is a big lad, but I feel like his size is his biggest asset atm.

The two lads who came on, 14 (Husus) in left midfield I think, and 15 (Richards) at right back. Husus hit a great free kick that came back off the bar, and Richards looked decent at RB, more impressive in his 20 mins on the pitch than Zuk had been imo.

Couple of Fulham's players looked pretty decent too. They were better second half, especially the first 5-10 mins. Their no 11, Syl Jesper looked a good player, running with the ball and taking people on.

Didn't catch too much of the u16s, but the 10 seemed to be pulling the strings up front, and I think it was him who won the missed pen. Good again with the ball, taking players on and trying to slip his striker in. Quite small still, but fought well as well. 11 was another tricky player, taking people on. 14 was really tall and lanky, really thin, but I was impressed with him on the floor - turning over the ball and recycling possession. Also the kid playing lb was tiny! He looked about 12! :eek:lol

Back home. Few more thoughts:

Was good to see the team playing our consistently from the back. All the back 4 + the keeper looked comfortable with the ball and playing it back and across before moving it into midfield or going long if they had too. Astley looked pretty solid at the back and good bringing the ball out of defence. Collins looked the better of the two fullbacks to me, definitely seemed to get forward and involved more.

Carroll and Gordon floated around quite a lot. Gordon seems to be the go to guy, buy Carroll is very decent and tricky too, and looks like he likes to get stuck in. They both seem to go down a bit easy tho - Gordon especially seems to throw himself on the floor when fouled, and sometimes when he just thinks he's been fouled! Going off of this single performance though I would say that he needs to play up a level. Think he needs to be challenged more, not that this level is too easy so to speak, or he was just constantly beating his man etc etc, but he did more often than not, and sometimes he was trying unnecessary flicks and tricks etc that weren't really on. Feel like playing at a higher level would focus his mind more and get that extra 5-10% out of him.

The other two in midfield were both pretty good too. Those four moved the ball around very nicely at times.

Ellis and Adedoyin played upfront. Thought they did ok. Ellis is a big lad, but I feel like his size is his biggest asset atm.

The two lads who came on, 14 (Husus) in left midfield I think, and 15 (Richards) at right back. Husus hit a great free kick that came back off the bar, and Richards looked decent at RB, more impressive in his 20 mins on the pitch than Zuk had been imo.

Couple of Fulham's players looked pretty decent too. They were better second half, especially the first 5-10 mins. Their no 11, Syl Jesper looked a good player, running with the ball and taking people on.

Didn't catch too much of the u16s, but the 10 seemed to be pulling the strings up front, and I think it was him who won the missed pen. Good again with the ball, taking players on and trying to slip his striker in. Quite small still, but fought well as well. 11 was another tricky player, taking people on. 14 was really tall and lanky, really thin, but I was impressed with him on the floor - turning over the ball and recycling possession. Also the kid playing lb was tiny! He looked about 12! :eek:lol
Cheers for that good to have eyes on the ground. The lineup from Fulham seemed a bit odd, it may be that it was Collins as the centre back with Astley, with Joe Anderson as the left back? Not trying to second guess the lineup given as I wasn’t there , but that would be our normal defensive lineup whith those three involved.

First new name of the season for me , Husus. Certainly not on the list of Scholars , so wonder if we’ve either brought him in since July or he’s a Schoolboy. I’m always intrigued by these unknown youngsters!

First new name of the season for me , Husus. Certainly not on the list of Scholars , so wonder if we’ve either brought him in since July or he’s a Schoolboy. I’m always intrigued by these unknown youngsters!

Can't find anyone anywhere with the surname Husus (I mean worldwide!) - wonder if that name is correct? It seems to mean "happy" in Turkish.

I hope they have a longer ‘official “ clip that starts further back, we played the ball out well from the back with a series of crisp passes before it reached Antony Evans in that clip , though in fairness Evans and Sambou deserve great credit for the way they finished it off.
Sorry, I only took a short clip for twitter.

Cheers for that good to have eyes on the ground. The lineup from Fulham seemed a bit odd, it may be that it was Collins as the centre back with Astley, with Joe Anderson as the left back? Not trying to second guess the lineup given as I wasn’t there , but that would be our normal defensive lineup whith those three involved.

Was defo Collins at left back, he's quite a big lad. Think the only thing the Fulham lineup got wrong from what I saw was Carroll and Adedoyin. Also forgot to mention the keeper was very vocal, telling the lads when to push up etc.

Was defo Collins at left back, he's quite a big lad. Think the only thing the Fulham lineup got wrong from what I saw was Carroll and Adedoyin. Also forgot to mention the keeper was very vocal, telling the lads when to push up etc.
Ta, Collins played left back once or twice for u23s end of last season , including game where Astley/Gibson were the CBs , maybe they’re trying him out there which makes sense to find out more about them at this level.

2nd place Everton u23s are playing there 5th game in 11 days tonight,and will be looking to move back top top place when they face west ham at southport in a 7pm ko-maybe it will be put on EFC TV for members or whoever again,before then playing again friday in the premier league cup v doncaster at southport
I wish they didn't play on Monday nights, that's my drinking night, still I hope those who watch it see another victory, I was looking forward to seeing Broadhead and Bowler again, I think they are both improving and they both like to attack and are not afraid to have a go at goal.

DocGFv7XsAYaJ-O.jpg

DocAbwXXkAEIMgn.jpg

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back