Everton Youth Teams Thread

Its the u23s derby - KO 2pm and NOT Live on TV

Everton are 8th 1 point & 1 place above their Neighbours, Everton have lost 5 & drew 2 from the last 7 away league games conceding at least 3 each away defeat, while Liverpool have won 3 of the last 5 home league games scoring 3 each time they won - They have scored 3 there last 6 home wins, last time they won scoring less than 3 in a game at home was v Everton Sep 2020

Everton u23s Team

View attachment 151874

As expected the el gashi signing has pushed dobbin back down to the u23s

Its the u23s derby - KO 2pm and NOT Live on TV

Everton are 8th 1 point & 1 place above their Neighbours, Everton have lost 5 & drew 2 from the last 7 away league games conceding at least 3 each away defeat, while Liverpool have won 3 of the last 5 home league games scoring 3 each time they won - They have scored 3 there last 6 home wins, last time they won scoring less than 3 in a game at home was v Everton Sep 2020

Everton u23s Team

View attachment 151874
Slightly surprised to see Hughes drop to the bench, he generally seems to be one of unsworths favourites. Good to see Simms, Dobbin and Onyango dropping down to help out though, given how many of the regulars played last night. COYB

…one of my ‘uncomplicated footballers’. Nothing fancy but very efficient. I always trust him to put away a chance plus he has good athleticism & a bit of his Dads attitude about him.

Not saying he can reach the footballing heights of his Dad but he’s the one I take out the game.

As somebody who clearly remembers Jimmy Husband running the show in the 1965 FA Youth Cup run & watching many fine sides at home and away over the years, I’m not predicting this will be one of those but I love seeing us get through.
Interesting fact his dad scored only 1 goal for Man City and it was also his last ever goal. Guess who it was against? Fate?

I’ve been the banging the Brighton drum for a whilst but they have a very good Academy.

They’re recruitment is excellent and I know they have scouts at academy games in this area most weeks.

I’ve been the banging the Brighton drum for a whilst but they have a very good Academy.

They’re recruitment is excellent and I know they have scouts at academy games in this area most weeks.

Whats happened with ours since the ban as we wary now? Are our teams good enough at that age? Or are our scouts just not great?

Our “ Recruitment “ looks a complete mess at the moment. While there were rumours and rumbles at the start of the season after Chris Perkins Head of Academy Recruitment , the guy we got from Derby , moved on to Spurs it looks like it’s got worse the past six weeks with the departure of Brands, Greta Steiner Head of Academy & Recruitment and Dan Purdy Head of Scouting and Operations. Presumably Joel Waldron took up Perkins position, I’m not sure if it was officially announced , but that didn’t look like a major improvement at the time. I couldn’t say if those that have left we’re doing a great job or not but we appear to have some big holes that need filling.

Apart from recruiting new talent, all this turmoil must have a knock -on effect on our current youngsters. The best u16s are presumably being offered or considering Scholarships for next season around about now , and our older prospects like Dobbin have had the Benitez pep talk of “ Don’t worry , I’ll look after you”. You feel the only way it could get worse is if we somehow brought in Mourinho.