Everton Youth Teams Thread

….decent recruitment at Brighton, that team will have one or two decent players.

I’ve been the banging the Brighton drum for a whilst but they have a very good Academy.

They’re recruitment is excellent and I know they have scouts at academy games in this area most weeks.

It's not uncommon in the business world to headhunt a block of staff from a competitor.

If Brighton are doing well and have impressive people there, surely it makes sense for us to bring in the DOF and 5 or 6 of their key people.

It's not uncommon in the business world to headhunt a block of staff from a competitor.

If Brighton are doing well and have impressive people there, surely it makes sense for us to bring in the DOF and 5 or 6 of their key people.
Yeah but in your analogy you get the top guy as well , like a CEO , who‘s policy the block of staff implement. That’s where we’ve usually had the disconnect . Whatever people think of Brands, he was also constrained by Moshiri, Kenwright and Benitez. If for instance we brought in the Brighton team, or any new team, it would still need the new Manager to buy into it , play youngsters , ensure a path etc. So really in this case we’d have to go for Potter and the whole lot .
Then it’s a big gamble . 9 months down the road you sack the Manager, then you sack the team he brought or they go with him to pastures new. For % of home grown players Brighton are likely to be top or thereabouts in the PL , but on the other hand this started before Graham Potter. Brighton’s big success for me is their ability to combine a successful Academy structure and philosophy , with a forward thinking Manager . And no doubt backing from their board / owner. We on the other hand have no cohesion between Owner/ Board, Manager, Academy . We’re a mess basically.

Yeah but in your analogy you get the top guy as well , like a CEO , who‘s policy the block of staff implement. That’s where we’ve usually had the disconnect . Whatever people think of Brands, he was also constrained by Moshiri, Kenwright and Benitez. If for instance we brought in the Brighton team, or any new team, it would still need the new Manager to buy into it , play youngsters , ensure a path etc. So really in this case we’d have to go for Potter and the whole lot .
Then it’s a big gamble . 9 months down the road you sack the Manager, then you sack the team he brought or they go with him to pastures new. For % of home grown players Brighton are likely to be top or thereabouts in the PL , but on the other hand this started before Graham Potter. Brighton’s big success for me is their ability to combine a successful Academy structure and philosophy , with a forward thinking Manager . And no doubt backing from their board / owner. We on the other hand have no cohesion between Owner/ Board, Manager, Academy . We’re a mess basically.

I think we could bring in the DOF and also key people below and around him BUT we wouldnt need to hire Potter.

We could actually appoint Lampard or Rooney and the recruitment along with the youth -- both run by the new personnel -- would be the ones funneling the manager with players.

As you say though, Moshiri hasnt really taken much interest in structure or building the youth set up.

I think we could bring in the DOF and also key people below and around him BUT we wouldnt need to hire Potter.

We could actually appoint Lampard or Rooney and the recruitment along with the youth -- both run by the new personnel -- would be the ones funneling the manager with players.

As you say though, Moshiri hasnt really taken much interest in structure or building the youth set up.

Moshiri, kenwright etc need to stay out of all football matters for us to get anywhere.
Unfortunately it does not ever look like happening

Our other issue though is : can we then attract young players? The top clubs, Chelsea, City splashed the cash on facilities etc but can also say “ We ‘ve got a world class squad, you’re young but if you‘re good enough we’ll play you alongside them in some European/ Carabao cup games. “ e.g. dead rubber , easy games. The RS can do that as well . The ” lesser “ clubs , likes of Leeds, Villa, Brighton , Southampton , are attractive as they can say “ We’re not a club with a lot of money , you’ll get a chance with us if you’re good enough” . I would have said we fall between these two categories in what we can offer , but we’re now below those clubs and I’m not sure what our “ unique selling point” to attract youngsters is any more except to hope we get them before anybody else makes an offer.

Our other issue though is : can we then attract young players? The top clubs, Chelsea, City splashed the cash on facilities etc but can also say “ We ‘ve got a world class squad, you’re young but if you‘re good enough we’ll play you alongside them in some European/ Carabao cup games. “ e.g. dead rubber , easy games. The RS can do that as well . The ” lesser “ clubs , likes of Leeds, Villa, Brighton , Southampton , are attractive as they can say “ We’re not a club with a lot of money , you’ll get a chance with us if you’re good enough” . I would have said we fall between these two categories in what we can offer , but we’re now below those clubs and I’m not sure what our “ unique selling point” to attract youngsters is any more except to hope we get them before anybody else makes an offer.
We will give you abuse after your tenth first team game to harden you for the rigours of the professional game?

6th placed Everton u18s 3 points off 3rd place, play away to 8th placed Man Utd in a 11am ko Saturday morning, and incredibly this will be Everton's 1st away game in 3months (or 3rd since August), and the game as said last week is LIVE on MUTV, its off course a dress rehearsal of the upcoming 5th Round of The FA Youth Cup Game, which at the Minute still has no Official date set.

---
On Monday 8th placed Everton u23s play Home to 3rd placed Spurs u23s in a 7pm ko, Everton have drew the last 3 u23s league games, while Spurs have won 5 and drew 3 of their last 7-Nothing at the min has been said about that game

Everton u18s Team

1642848732296.png