Everton Youth Teams Thread

17 now and 18 in August i saw...has he got any 23s (now 21s) games?

The other centre back in Welch has been on the bench a few times for the 1st team.

Think Campbell will overtake him or confident on both go make the grade?

The other left back ISS was mentioned alot on here...has he extended?
He was an u23s regular last season, mainly at left back though with Welch / Astley the main CB pairing and I recall he played wide left when we played a three CBs system. I would say Welch is a season ahead in his development, which also reflects their respective ages , nearly 11 months difference in ages despite being in same Scholar year. We need to take a chance and let Campbell/ Welch be our CB partnership at u21 this season and see how they develop.

We’re still waiting to learn if ISS has signed a Scholarship , for me he’s looked better than both Welch and Campbell at the same age.

17 now and 18 in August i saw...has he got any 23s (now 21s) games?

The other centre back in Welch has been on the bench a few times for the 1st team.

Think Campbell will overtake him or confident on both go make the grade?

The other left back ISS was mentioned alot on here...has he extended?
He played in quite a few after Christmas.

Tezgel to Leeds sad times. If Leeds and Villa can compete there's no reason we shouldnt
I can’t keep track on all the movements and rumours. Leeds manager Marsch has stated his vision in three years time is to have the best Academy in Europe . Maybe it is just a vision and he’ll have other priorities like keeping them in the PL, but it’s a vision we lack.

It is quite depressing what’s going on at u16 level , here’s another one of ISS’s peers andEngland u16 turning down Spurs .

EXCL: Told Sam Amo-Ameyaw has turned down #thfc Scholarship proposal and has offers on the table from both Manchester Clubs. Sam made 10 appearances for the U18’s last season despite being 15. Would have been one of the biggest talent in this years Academy group intake.

If they don't want to be here not much we can do. The u14s and u15s both won the PL tournament this year with the u16s being runners up I think, which would suggest there is some good talents in those age groups and hopefully with the new youth structure in place we can sign them up when they are old enough.