Everton Youth Teams Thread

Lets see how long it takes until a player of that level breaks through, it was 19/20 when he started getting game time, we've not had one player break through since.
If you're expecting us to bring through a proper premier league first teamer every season you're never going to be happy with the academy because thats not even a little bit realistic.

True, i hope Dyche starts giving Dobbin a bit more game time next season, he's the only one at the moment who could break through. We did have Cannon/Simnms breaking through tbf a couple years ago

i don't expect Dobbin to more than a bit part player but hope he proves me wrong. our financial predicament should give opportunities to more players over next few seasons too you'd think.

i don't expect Dobbin to more than a bit part player but hope he proves me wrong. our financial predicament should give opportunities to more players over next few seasons too you'd think.
You'd like to think so but i'm doubtful, Dyche will always go for experience, unless its a player with undeniable talent like Branthwaite

The wording of your other post makes it sound like you think 3 years is a long time for us to go without producing a player like that thats all.
'lets see how long it takes', I don't think its unreasonable to ask, I think our best bet is buying young players from the championship etc, gutted we missed out on Wharton who we we're interested in.

Anyway no real surprises in those releases. OSS has probably been given a pro just to be a warm body in an otherwise depleted 21s side. Plus we probably promised him and his brother a pro at the same time as a sweetener. Wouldn't be a good precedent to set to renege on that for other kids coming through

Jensen and Graham leaving clears the decks a bit for possibly the trialist and or Lukjanciks.

I liked Hunt but he was never making the jump to the first team, as niche stats go he could well be the outfielder named in the most matchday squads for everton without ever having a senior appearance. Hard to think of anyone with any more without some token mins.

i thought Katia Kouyate was a decent scorer

remember his playing quite well for us in pre-season last year
Thought he looked decent in flashes but never consistant enough.
There is a player in there if he could get it all together.
Saying that the youth teams need sorting to many that honestly, never going to get a run of games for the first team..
Need an influx of new blood where they come from I don't know but we need a good few.
Hope they do well in there new careers expect they will.