Everton Youth Teams Thread

Actually our academy is quite decent.
It has helped keep the club afloat in recent seasons.
Next season we should see Stanley Mills break through.
A premiership player every couple of seasons is very good.
Last season we had academy sales with Cannon, Simms and ISS.
Problem for is these days is man city ect hoover up..a lot of talent at 17 so it's hard to keep are better players in the academy.

On acadamy players released.....wonder if this is a market we can try to manipulate.

I asked about Omari Benjamin the other day but i see they have released Reuell Walters too who is a England youth international and even got a couple of appearances on Arsenals bench!

Could be some other lads across the country worth trying to bring in!

Most clubs can't compete with what Chelsea and City are doing but there will be a lot of decent players coming from their academies as well who just can't get ahead there but may do well elsewhere.
Chelsea have a whole squad of players about to get stuck in the pipeline because they're addicted to signing players. City as well have the likes of Ndala leaving. In theory we could hoover them up but in reality we are skint and have Sean Dyche as manager

Actually our academy is quite decent.
It has helped keep the club afloat in recent seasons.
Next season we should see Stanley Mills break through.
A premiership player every couple of seasons is very good.
Last season we had academy sales with Cannon, Simms and ISS.

…I’d have been more confident on Mills had he not been sent on loan last season. Unlike Dobbin, it suggested to me that Dyche was not impressed in pre-season, even though it was an area of weakness in the squad.

I like Mills a lot but I have my doubts about his future with us, genuinely hope I’m wrong as far as he’s concerned.

Chelsea have a whole squad of players about to get stuck in the pipeline because they're addicted to signing players. City as well have the likes of Ndala leaving. In theory we could hoover them up but in reality we are skint and have Sean Dyche as manager
Its a good tactic for the young lads, use it as a football college!
You probably earn more than you would elsewhere, you are training at the best facilities, training games are probably better standard than PL2, or under 18 matches. Even for the little older lads a whole network of organized loans with feeder clubs.

Then when 18-19 hits, you don't sign a contract, leave with the tag of a City/Chelsea academy lad! And go see what offers are out there............if you believe in your ability, you will get yourself to the top table.

Knew about Walters but didn't realise Ndala was leaving too. There will be a lot of competition for those 2 you'd think, from all over Europe

…I’d have been more confident on Mills had he not been sent on loan last season. Unlike Dobbin, it suggested to me that Dyche was not impressed in pre-season, even though it was an area of weakness in the squad.

I like Mills a lot but I have my doubts about his future with us, genuinely hope I’m wrong as far as he’s concerned.
Dobbin did go out the year before though, and with Dobbin being the school year above Mills it could be a similar process?

Dobbin did go out the year before though, and with Dobbin being the school year above Mills it could be a similar process?

….possibly, but Dyche wasn’t here the summer before. Dyche will want access to youngsters who impress, especially with the squad being short on quality. It’s all assumption, but Dyche singled Dobbin out for praise last season and I think he forced his way into the squad.