Everton Youth Teams Thread

Looks like Thelwell wasn't lying when he spoke about trying to develop strikers. Looking forward to seeing this chap and Braiden Graham in the 18s next season.

….presume it means he leaves school this summer and live full-time in Liverpool?

A couple of next years U23 strikers look decent, especially Ebere. It honestly wouldn’t take much for somebody to leapfrog the others and get some game time behind DCL.

….presume it means he leaves school this summer and live full-time in Liverpool?

A couple of next years U23 strikers look decent, especially Ebere. It honestly wouldn’t take much for somebody to leapfrog the others and get some game time behind DCL.
Ebere seemed to go missing with an injury early season and should have stepped up to the u21s same with sherif

Ebere seemed to go missing with an injury early season and should have stepped up to the u21s same with sherif

There were loads of rumours last summer he’d left us, then no one saw him for a while, so glad to see him come back and sign a new deal. Tait really needs to just let the youth fly. Some of the lineups towards the end of the season were embarrassing.

I get your point, but if you compare who has come through Everton's academy or younger players we bought and developed to Liverpool's over the past 20 years hands down Everton win
In some ways I think we get the club we deserve as a fan base sometimes

I feel like there is not another fan base in top flight football who supports the younger players less than we do sometimes

Always so quick to write players off

Always so quick to demand a cull

Can we really complain if the club adopts the same attitude?

You can say that our neighbours are always too quick to overhype every new young player that gets 5 minutes of first team football, but surely optimism has to be better than the extreme pessimism we display so often?

There were loads of rumours last summer he’d left us, then no one saw him for a while, so glad to see him come back and sign a new deal. Tait really needs to just let the youth fly. Some of the lineups towards the end of the season were embarrassing.

….i often wonder if selections at youth levels is impacted by strategy on individual players, particularly towards the end of a season. Before they’re released players will often be given game time or even played out of position.

….i often wonder if selections at youth levels is impacted by strategy on individual players, particularly towards the end of a season. Before they’re released players will often be given game time or even played out of position.

They were possibly shop window games for some they knew were being released. On one hand it’s a nice gesture, on the other it’s just wasting game time for others with a brighter future.

Like Jones playing loads at CB instead of Moonan hurt my soul.

They were possibly shop window games for some they knew were being released. On one hand it’s a nice gesture, on the other it’s just wasting game time for others with a brighter future.

Like Jones playing loads at CB instead of Moonan hurt my soul.
I enjoy our u18/21 games, particularly when the first team are crap, but to be honest I’m a bit fed up that at this level we’re a nice club who do nice gestures. Brands started moving us in the right direction, u18s playing up at u21 more, surprising me when u18s were released who looked vaguely decent, but a hard call was made. The u18s and u21s last season were the poorest joint performances in their leagues that I can remember, we need to stop doing nice gestures , as you say others with a brighter future can suffer.

Saw we were interested a few months back but Brighton wanted him. Looks like our 18s are gonna have a big man little man of ginger celts next season
Sounds good to me 🙂, I obviously haven’t seen enough of Loney and Graham yet, but my assumption is that they’re either better than what we’ve got or too talented to miss out on , hopefully both.The fact we’ve scouted them from outside the N West and beat off competition to get them is encouraging in itself.