Everton Youth Teams Thread

Mate they ALL need further development. Dyche was pilloried for speaking the truth about our youngsters last season, ok he could have said it better - “ harsh but fair” is my summary of his words. I wouldn’t expect any of our home grown youngsters to be in our first team squads at the beginning of the season , but I live in hope .
I'd probably agree with this.

I don't think its something the manager of everton should be saying.......even if its just to motivate or to help raise profile of the lads for monetary values.

But it was probably the truth

Shows the gap between U21s and Premier League first team. Good that Lewis looks like he has opted for regular first team football for his development, but has had to drop two divisions to get that.
Most players outside of the elite academy's have to drop that far down.

Mate they ALL need further development. Dyche was pilloried for speaking the truth about our youngsters last season, ok he could have said it better - “ harsh but fair” is my summary of his words. I wouldn’t expect any of our home grown youngsters to be in our first team squads at the beginning of the season , but I live in hope .

Isnt it 5 notable signings weve made in the youth sides this summer? The 2 Arsenal players, United player, Northern Irish player and the Scottish chap?

May well be another ive forgotten. Certainly a subtantial amount more than ive heard of under Moshiri.

I hope the two African kids are successful in their trials.

He’s 21 mate. Kinda hoped they’d figure out his position before now. Not that he’d be Everton quality in either of them mind.
Is he really 21? :o I remember watching him play an u16s game against Fulham. Can't believe it's been that long. Really thought he might make it, as he looked really good that day, but it just shows how much better you have to be even at the age/level to make it (other player that stood out that day was Anthony Gordon).

Is he really 21? :eek: I remember watching him play an u16s game against Fulham. Can't believe it's been that long. Really thought he might make it, as he looked really good that day, but it just shows how much better you have to be even at the age/level to make it (other player that stood out that day was Anthony Gordon).

He's the midfield/defence version of Delial Brewster. Complete with massive hair.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back