Everton Youth Teams Thread

There is a rumour that Harry Tyrer is going back to Chesterfield, I’m not clear if this is permanent or another loan. He has two years left on his contract, hopefully we’re not that desperate for cash , another decent season for him in League 1 on loan would see his value increase and see if he’s ready to step up as No2 goalkeeper.
Unfortunately they play in league 2 but the point still stands.

I think this loan was agreed at the end of last season. As soon as Chesterfield had secured promotion Tyrer was dropped then a few weeks later he started playing again.

Unfortunately they play in league 2 but the point still stands.

I think this loan was agreed at the end of last season. As soon as Chesterfield had secured promotion Tyrer was dropped then a few weeks later he started playing again.
Haha, yes of course promotion from National League to League 2 for Chesterfield. I was thinking that Tyrer was on a good trajectory , Nat league North, Nat League , League 2 and got ahead of myself! Last season 22year old Arthur Okonkwo was on loan from Arsenal to Wrexham in League 2 and acquitted himself very well , at the same age I’ll be looking for Tyrer to do similar. I’d also forgotten about Virginia being our No2 GK, this structured progression for Tyrer is much better than pitching him in too high at an early age as happened with Virginia.

It was nice to see that Harrison Armstrong got minutes on Saturday, and a good pointer that while he’ll remain playing with the u21s he’ll likely be training regularly with the first team. Same for Metcalfe , although a loan looks more likely for him. It looks we’re going shoite or bust with Tyler Onyango at centre half , more specific coaching with u21s until a loan in January maybe , it would be hard to find a club at the right level right now who’d risk him at CB ?

It was nice to see that Harrison Armstrong got minutes on Saturday, and a good pointer that while he’ll remain playing with the u21s he’ll likely be training regularly with the first team. Same for Metcalfe , although a loan looks more likely for him. It looks we’re going shoite or bust with Tyler Onyango at centre half , more specific coaching with u21s until a loan in January maybe , it would be hard to find a club at the right level right now who’d risk him at CB ?

If Moonan is benched for Onyango this season I am gonna lose my head :lol:

There is a rumour that Harry Tyrer is going back to Chesterfield, I’m not clear if this is permanent or another loan. He has two years left on his contract, hopefully we’re not that desperate for cash , another decent season for him in League 1 on loan would see his value increase and see if he’s ready to step up as No2 goalkeeper.
Doubt it would be permanent as we could probably get money for the lad and no one down there tends to spend money on transfer fees.
Wouldnt be the worst move for him, that league wont be as strong next year so Chesterfield have a good chance of going straight up again.

Harrison Armstrong ( even though only 17) and Dixon were the only two academy players that looked anyway even close to the first team I thought after watching against Salford.

I absolutely accept it is impossible to pick out players on one performance, but they impressed me.

Harrison Armstrong ( even though only 17) and Dixon were the only two academy players that looked anyway even close to the first team I thought after watching against Salford.

I absolutely accept it is impossible to pick out players on one performance, but they impressed me.

At 17 for Harrison Armstrong to be getting games in the u21s it suggests he is one to watch, especially getting into the 1st team preseason squad and impressing.

I have no idea about the player but with Doucoure and Gana out of contract next summer, this season is a big opportunity for him in the u21s to be in consideration for the first team squad in a years time.

At 17 for Harrison Armstrong to be getting games in the u21s it suggests he is one to watch, especially getting into the 1st team preseason squad and impressing.

I have no idea about the player but with Doucoure and Gana out of contract next summer, this season is a big opportunity for him in the u21s to be in consideration for the first team squad in a years time.

Steady on now.

Not a single academy graduate in the first team squad.

Obviously with the sales of Gordon, Dobbin, Simms, Cannon, Samuel-Smith there are reasons for that but I think we are the only PL club to be in this situation.
The squad hasn't really been decided yet. You would have said the same thing at this point last year before Dobbin forced his way in.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back