Everton Youth Teams Thread

Well he’s not as good as Metcalfe and he can’t get a sniff. Be some leap in 12 months.
Hopefully Armstrong is on the same trajectory as Metcalfe just two years behind , and we develop Metcalfe this season either in-house or loan so that he’s pushing for a squad place in 12 months, much more realistic than expecting Armstrong to be there in 12 months.

Hopefully Armstrong is on the same trajectory as Metcalfe just two years behind , and we develop Metcalfe this season either in-house or loan so that he’s pushing for a squad place in 12 months, much more realistic than expecting Armstrong to be there in 12 months.
Yes, it's a shame but I'm guessing injuries have done for Charlie Whitaker's trajectory, even though he's still only 20. Djankpata's another one around that age.

Not a single academy graduate in the first team squad.

Obviously with the sales of Gordon, Dobbin, Simms, Cannon, Samuel-Smith there are reasons for that but I think we are the only PL club to be in this situation.
*Extremely* stat paddy and besides your actual point but Brentford don't either, or at least, they didn't last season and I don't think they will have anyone on the horizon. Both clubs with completely different reasons for that stat as well.

Depending on how generous you were feeling on Nathan Fraser you could also throw Wolves in the mix and more surprisingly West Ham don't either now Johnson is gone unless I'm forgetting someone really obvious

Loan for Metcalfe. You need men's football at 20 IMO. The U23 league just is getting less and less competitive for me.

Reece Welch is rumoured to be off to Dundee on loan. That’ll be a good loan for him if true, if he’s good enough to get in their team it’ll be a good experience for him , Dundee finished 6th last season ,top half and well away from relegation positions.
A bit of a step down from the Dutch loans big Pete Orourke was touting him for. Dundee having a Astley-Welch centre half partnership would be so funny. Give them a keeper whilst we're at it

IMO I think the youths should build up their men's footy experience going on loans up the leagues starting national league to Championship before stepping into our first team. If it's obvious they won't make first team, hopefully they've built up their profile to sell on rather than wait around in our u23's until their contract runs out

A bit of a step down from the Dutch loans big Pete Orourke was touting him for. Dundee having a Astley-Welch centre half partnership would be so funny. Give them a keeper whilst we're at it
Feels like he needs to go play in a tough physical league though. He's always been nice enough on the ball but has he got the fight in him, that's what the loan needs to find out.

On Armstrong, he was my favourite player to watch last year for the 21s so very intrigued to see how he gets on this year. He's entering the season as an u21 regular and hopefully will get regular chances to train with the first team. He should also get the 3 appearances in the EFL trophy so will have a taste of competitive mens football at 17 years old. Not bad going.

Let's see how he's doing in January after all this experience but not put too much pressure on him.

On Armstrong, he was my favourite player to watch last year for the 21s so very intrigued to see how he gets on this year. He's entering the season as an u21 regular and hopefully will get regular chances to train with the first team. He should also get the 3 appearances in the EFL trophy so will have a taste of competitive mens football at 17 years old. Not bad going.

Let's see how he's doing in January after all this experience but not put too much pressure on him.

Quite the presumption!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back