Everton Youth Teams Thread

To be honest I haven’t seen anything specific from Lukjanciks yet in size, agility, distribution etc which puts him apart from any other 16 year old goalkeeper we’ve had in the past, although I haven’t seen much of him. Too early for me yet , certainly I haven’t seen another Rooney out there, I’d go for Roberts in terms of flashes of ability, size etc . It’s fun discussing these kids but they’re all a long way off yet .
Having seen tiny bits of him last season and the stream yesterday. He's a generous 5"10. He could obviously still grow but he reminds me of that lad we got from Reading a few years ago.

Someone I know, his lad has just started working at Everton in the academy. And apparently we have a 16yr old who’s one of the best they’ve ever seen come through, he didn’t know his name though, so not sure how true it is
This is so obviously not true. Emilio Lawrence was in our 21s at 16 and Thierry Small had made his debut at 16. It'd be more believable if you said 14

This is so obviously not true. Emilio Lawrence was in our 21s at 16 and Thierry Small had made his debut at 16. It'd be more believable if you said 14
I’m only going on what this guy said about his lad, and yes he may have got his age wrong. I asked what his name was and he didn’t know.

Still waiting for the day these players pop up in the U18's if still with us lol

I always come back to this from 2017.

From the 4 we apparently had I can see that Amari Moses and Malik Olayiwola are still with us. Can't find any info on Alfie Healy or Mekhi McLeod though.

From the 4 we apparently had I can see that Amari Moses and Malik Olayiwola are still with us. Can't find any info on Alfie Healy or Mekhi McLeod though.
Alfie Healey was released couple seasons back, now at Bolton. Mekhi McLeod at Stockport I believe.

Moses & Olayiwola highly rated, both been involved in England U15 camps

Amari Moses featured for our u18s last season so I’m assuming that he was u15 then , u16 now which fits the age profile in the article. There was another player who featured in the same match , Harvey Billington who didn’t become a Scholar so I’m assuming he’s an u16 now , purely on the speculation we would be unlikely to give him u18 minutes and let him go.

I don’t know George Finney’s DOB but he must be at least 17 now on the basis that he’s a 2nd year Scholar.

The final placing from the Next Generation Cup, with us finishing in 5th place. It’s a bit quirky in that the four English teams only play the 4 foreign teams . Punjab had a good result against Villa , keeping the same team throughout the match against us seemed to help their continuity.

7th place play-off
Team 1 Score Team 2
England Crystal Palace7-1India East Bengal
5th place play-off
Team 1 Score Team 2
England Everton6-1India Muthoot
3rd place play-off
Team 1 Score Team 2
England Aston Villa0-2India Punjab
Grand Final
Team 1 Score Team 2
England Tottenham0-2South Africa Stellenbosch

It looks like Harrison Armstrong had a good came after he came on in today’s behind closed doors 6-0 win against Motherwell .

Teenage midfielder Harrison Armstrong impressed again for Everton as the Blues thumped Motherwell 6-0 at Goodison Park. Sean Dyche’s side built on a dominant performance at Preston North End to add a second win of pre-season against the Scottish Premiership outfit in the behind-closed-doors match.

Armstrong, just 17, finished from 10 yards to make it 3-0 to the hosts shortly after his introduction from the bench. The box-to-box midfielder joined the first team for the game at Salford City, during which he came off the bench, due to injuries in the squad. He has since retained his place before getting on the pitch at Preston and earning plaudits again on Tuesday, when he also played a role in his side’s sixth goal.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back