Everton Youth Teams Thread

I think we will see tomorrow if he is in the managers plans for the season.

If he is not involved then it probably was a case of giving a bright young prospect some first team football in pre season.

If he does get on the pitch at some stage it may be the manager seeing if he can cope against better adult competition.
Possibly even given the McKenzie hunt role of filling up the bench when needed

Possibly, play with the under 21's and integrate into the first team squad getting on the pitch now and then when the situation allows.
I don't think 'getting on the pitch' is really required TBH.
it would just cause unnecessary hype and the usuals calling to 'give him a go' when results aren't going our way

I don't think 'getting on the pitch' is really required TBH.
it would just cause unnecessary hype and the usuals calling to 'give him a go' when results aren't going our way
The hype is already getting a bit out of hand given people are suggesting he may have outgrown the 21s.

We only have 21 senior outfielders in the squad. That's including Maupay and Holgate. He will see the bench this season. As will a few others you'd have to think unless Dyche puts 3 keepers on there.

The hype is already getting a bit out of hand given people are suggesting he may have outgrown the 21s.

We only have 21 senior outfielders in the squad. That's including Maupay and Holgate. He will see the bench this season. As will a few others you'd have to think unless Dyche puts 3 keepers on there.

….it’ll be a positive sign if Dixon doesn’t go on loan because it indicates Dyche could use him. I think lots depends on whether we bring another RB in.
Will it though? If he stays he'll probably just play a bit part, the odd 5 minute sub appearance here and there - look at Dobbin last year. Branthwaite and Gordon both broke properly into the team after being on loan for a year. A full season playing regularly is much more positive for him going forwards imo, both on his progression and on him becoming a useful member of the first team squad, and I think recent history bears that out.

Will it though? If he stays he'll probably just play a bit part, the odd 5 minute sub appearance here and there - look at Dobbin last year. Branthwaite and Gordon both broke properly into the team after being on loan for a year. A full season playing regularly is much more positive for him going forwards imo, both on his progression and on him becoming a useful member of the first team squad, and I think recent history bears that out.

…..going on loan doesn’t guarantee regular game time, points are at stake and Managers jobs are at stake.

It can work both ways you don't always get games on loan and just getting games on loan doesn't guarantee that you're going to get better because of it.

I thought Onyango might depart permanently this summer, not really kicked on as a potential PL player. Hopefully if nothing else this puts him in the shop window for a move next summer.
I imagine he's on a better deal here than any League 1 club would be willing to give him.

Now we wait to see whether his 12 months at centre half wasa complete and utter waste of all our time. Because I'd wager Stockport stick him straight back in the engine room

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.