Everton Youth Teams Thread

I think that is a very fair point.

Putting a youngster into a struggling team and expecting to improve performances is unrealistic.
A youngster is best introduced into a team playing well and high on confidence.

The youngsters may be the future of the club, but they not be ready just at present, let's give them time.
It isn't their fault we are struggling , but very quickly there would be plenty who would lay blame at their feet if they came into the team and we continued to struggle.

Putting a youngster into a struggling team and expecting to improve performances is unrealistic.

The youngsters may be the future of the club, but they not be ready just at present, let's give them time.
It isn't their fault we are struggling , but very quickly there would be plenty who would lay blame at their feet if they came into the team and we continued to struggle.

...there is the possibility that it gives everybody a lift.

I get your point , alternatively there is the 'nothing to lose scenario'. And the enthusiasm they display can have a positive affect on the rest of the overpaid prima donnas.

Please tell me there's at least some excitement in the youth teams

....well they are doing ok as collective teams but it's about bringing one or two through and they have to be increasingly special to make the step up. There are a number of stand out players but none appear to be putting pressure on a first team that are struggling.

Interesting for me is that we are linked with a number of promising young players in this window. You have to wonder if RK doesn't think any of the current crop are good enough.

....well they are doing ok as collective teams but it's about bringing one or two through and they have to be increasingly special to make the step up. There are a number of stand out players but none appear to be putting pressure on a first team that are struggling.

Interesting for me is that we are linked with a number of promising young players in this window. You have to wonder if RK doesn't think any of the current crop are good enough.

hopefully its just about bringing the age of the squad down, barry, jagielka, baines, williams only have a season or 2 left with us id say then the likes of mirallas and lennon are approaching 30 and dont have a future with us either.

hopefully its just about bringing the age of the squad down, barry, jagielka, baines, williams only have a season or 2 left with us id say then the likes of mirallas and lennon are approaching 30 and dont have a future with us either.

...but he could do that by promoting some of the current crop. I might be entirely wrong but perhaps he's not particularly keen on them.

We have an extraordinary number, possibly as many as 12, players within the youth set up that have a realistic chance of making it as a pro footballer and playing at premier/championship level. That's a fantastic achievement for our academy, especially given that most are local lads.

The likes of Ledson (no longer here I know), Davies and Feeney have all captained England at their age level and over the last 4/5 years we've probably provided more defenders/midfielders for the England set up than any other club.

However, we don't have anybody of the ability of Rooney or Barkley, and realistically they are the quality of footballer you need to break into a team like ours whilst still in their teens. I'd be surprised if more than a couple become regular starters for Everton over the next 3/4 years, especially if we do become consistent genuine contenders for CL places.

Having said that, the age range 18-21 is pivotal in the development of these lads and it's important that they are given some exposure to first team football during those years. I'm not advocating throwing a load in the deep end at the same time as some on here appear to want. But they should be given game time off the bench or even starting in some of the home games against lesser opposition or in cup games. Just one or two at a time surrounded by experienced players like Barry etc.

My fear is that this current crop are not going to get that opportunity under Koeman and that would be a massive shame. His latest comments just confirm this. At the moment I think it may even give a positive boost to the team if the likes of Davies, Walsh or Holgate are given some minutes. God knows we need it.

After last weeks very late postponement,Everton u18s sitting in 5th and staying there today no matter what the score,are away to 8th placed Derby u18s,ko is midday

EVERTON TEAM

Renshaw,Feeney,Bramall,Lees,Morris,Harrrington,Baningime,Hornby,Kiersey,Evans,Lavery
subs Ball,Denny,Pierce,Moore,Scully

After last weeks very late postponement,Everton u18s sitting in 5th and staying there today no matter what the score,are away to 8th placed Derby u18s,ko is midday

EVERTON TEAM

Renshaw,Feeney,Bramall,Lees,Morris,Harrrington,Baningime,Hornby,Kiersey,Evans,Lavery
subs Ball,Denny,Pierce,Moore,Scully

Lavery on 42 mins has give our lads the half time lead at derby

Everton u18s won 2-0 at Derby to make that 6 wins/5 draws from last 11 league games today and remain 5th,there next game is this Thursday at Goodison v Tranmere 7pm kick off in the 3rd round of the youth cup,Evertons next game in the u18s league is at the minute a week on friday home to stoke

FULL TIME SCORES

MAN UTD 2 MAN CITY 2
BLACKBURN 3 STOKE 0
DERBY 0 EVERTON 2
WOLVES 1 NEWCASTLE 2
LIVERPOOL 1 BORO 1 -LATEST WITH 68 GONE

TOP OF THE TABLE

[TABLE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE FULL TIME SCORE OF LIVERPOOL V BORO]

MAN CITY 31 POINTS FROM 13 GAMES
MAN UTD 30 POINTS FROM 15 GAMES
BLACKBURN 27 POINTS FROM 14 GAMES
LIVERPOOL 24 POINTS FROM 13 GAMES
EVERTON 23 POINTS FROM 14 GAMES
NEWCASTLE 19 POINTS FROM 13 GAMES
MIDDLESBROUGH 17 POINTS FROM 13 GAMES

Everton u18s won 2-0 at Derby to make that 6 wins/5 draws from last 11 league games today and remain 5th,there next game is this Thursday at Goodison v Tranmere 7pm kick off in the 3rd round of the youth cup,Evertons next game in the u18s league is at the minute a week on friday home to stoke

FULL TIME SCORES

MAN UTD 2 MAN CITY 2
BLACKBURN 3 STOKE 0
DERBY 0 EVERTON 2
WOLVES 1 NEWCASTLE 2
LIVERPOOL 2 BORO 1 - [LIVERPOOL WIN IT ON 87]

TOP OF THE TABLE

MAN CITY 31 POINTS FROM 13 GAMES
MAN UTD 30 POINTS FROM 15 GAMES
BLACKBURN 27 POINTS FROM 14 GAMES
LIVERPOOL 27 POINTS FROM 14 GAMES
EVERTON 23 POINTS FROM 14 GAMES
NEWCASTLE 19 POINTS FROM 13 GAMES
MIDDLESBROUGH 17 POINTS FROM 15 GAMES
TABLE UPDATED NOW

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back