Everton Youth Teams Thread

@Eggs @maccavennie

Biggest problem is this really: Koeman is on big bucks and so needs success now; he can't really risk playing youngsters and losing because it this business he'll be gone fast. Problem we have though is we're still playing crap/losing with older players. To me I think why not start 1 or 2; if they're not up for it, sub them off, back to U23 to learn more. Like I honestly can't see what the worst thing that can happen would be.

@Eggs @maccavennie

Biggest problem is this really: Koeman is on big bucks and so needs success now; he can't really risk playing youngsters and losing because it this business he'll be gone fast. Problem we have though is we're still playing crap/losing with older players. To me I think why not start 1 or 2; if they're not up for it, sub them off, back to U23 to learn more. Like I honestly can't see what the worst thing that can happen would be.

totally agree mate. he says it's a risk playing them in our current situation. I think it's a bigger risk not playing them and relying on the bunch of no marks he keeps persisting with.

He's not keen on young untried players full stop! I hate to do it but here is what Klopp said in The Guardian “I don’t need 20 options. I just need the right options. If I brought in more players of the same quality they would not get enough games, so it is better to select a young player if you are able. We have some young boys that look good; there are lots of things we can change...”
The contrast between his attitude and Klopp's couldn't be greater. It's bleeding depressing.

It's easier to bring players in when you in good form and winning every game, plus he took the risk in a league game against a lower league team. We are in bad form and need experience players to change our fortune, it's not fair to ask the young lads to win games at this level in a team on low morale.

@Eggs @maccavennie

...I partly agree. I remember Ray Wilkins talking about managers having to choose between "two p's" - proven or potential. From what we see, Koeman likes proven. I agree about needing success now but he's clearly not enamoured with many first teamers, so the risk of playing the odd youngster is not considerable because we are performing poorly anyway. This leads me to the conclusion that perhaps he doesn't rate our U23s.

He's not keen on young untried players full stop! I hate to do it but here is what Klopp said in The Guardian “I don’t need 20 options. I just need the right options. If I brought in more players of the same quality they would not get enough games, so it is better to select a young player if you are able. We have some young boys that look good; there are lots of things we can change...”
The contrast between his attitude and Klopp's couldn't be greater. It's bleeding depressing.
Think we need to wait and see how the 2 next windows go.

It's easy for klopp to say that after he's had the chance to get rid of Liverpool's deadwood. RK not going to come out and criticise players still in and around the team.

At the moment we have 6 central midfielders for 2 positions. With youngsters Davies & walsh 7th & 8th?. And RK is looking to buy another. So hopefully 4 will go and
Davies & Walsh will be challenging Besic as back up.

We basically have a big squad of average players. I'm hoping that this time next year we have a strong starting 11. And the 23's as back up

Think we need to wait and see how the 2 next windows go.

It's easy for klopp to say that after he's had the chance to get rid of Liverpool's deadwood. RK not going to come out and criticise players still in and around the team.

At the moment we have 6 central midfielders for 2 positions. With youngsters Davies & walsh 7th & 8th?. And RK is looking to buy another. So hopefully 4 will go and
Davies & Walsh will be challenging Besic as back up.

We basically have a big squad of average players. I'm hoping that this time next year we have a strong starting 11. And the 23's as back up
Klopp was doing it last season to be fair to him. As I said before as a manager you either have that approach or you don't. I don't think Koeman does.

...I partly agree. I remember Ray Wilkins talking about managers having to choose between "two p's" - proven or potential. From what we see, Koeman likes proven. I agree about needing success now but he's clearly not enamoured with many first teamers, so the risk of playing the odd youngster is not considerable because we are performing poorly anyway. This leads me to the conclusion that perhaps he doesn't rate our U23s.
That's sums it up, therefore if you prefer proven then it doesn't matter who is in U23's. The only exception to this is going to be someone like Rooney.

Everton u23s play there 3RD game of the premier league cup tonight home to portsmouth at 7pm,its at southport,after this game the next game in this comp for everton is away to wolves near the end of jan

TABLE
NORWICH 4 POINTS FROM 3 GAMES
WOLVES 4 POINTS FROM 3 GAMES
EVERTON 3 POINTS FROM 2 GAMES
PORTSMOUTH 2 POINTS FROM 2 GAMES -[BOTH 0-0]

Everton u23s play there 3RD game of the premier league cup tonight home to portsmouth at 7pm,its at southport,after this game the next game in this comp for everton is away to wolves near the end of jan

TABLE
NORWICH 4 POINTS FROM 3 GAMES
WOLVES 4 POINTS FROM 3 GAMES
EVERTON 3 POINTS FROM 2 GAMES
PORTSMOUTH 2 POINTS FROM 2 GAMES -[BOTH 0-0]

EVERTON

Hewelt, Kenny, Jones, Davies, Holgate, Connolly, Charsley, Walsh, Calvert-Lewin, Dowell, Dyson.

subs: Broadhead, Renshaw, Sambou, Evans, Feeney.

0-0 so far, 7 pm ko , Dowell making his mark :
19:10 Dowell Magic

Unbelievable skills from Dowell. A flick over one head, a shimmy past another, then a Cruyff turn to evade two more.

19:06 Dowell Shot

Good stop from Portsmouth's O'Brien as he palms an effort from 20 yards from the Toffees' schemer. Tom Davies (the Pompey one) hacks the loose ball out for a corner.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back