Everton Youth Teams Thread

With Lawrence & ISS off it leaves us two scholars down, anybody have an idea whether or not we’ll try to fill those two slots before signing day Friday?

With Lawrence & ISS off it leaves us two scholars down, anybody have an idea whether or not we’ll try to fill those two slots before signing day Friday?

We can’t sign any more scholars now.

The official signing day for these scholars was before New Year that’s when we had to submit the list of who we’d offered deals to and who’s signed them.

Anyone we sign now must get a pro deal. They can’t be given a scholar.

The new head of academy recruitment will be a busy man now though as he’s very good. I expect to see us being very aggressive with local talent in the younger age groups and recruiting from all over the country, not just local, in the older age groups.

The official signing day for these scholars was before New Year that’s when we had to submit the list of who we’d offered deals to and who’s signed them.

The new head of academy recruitment will be a busy man now though as he’s very good. I expect to see us being very aggressive with local talent in the younger age groups and recruiting from all over the country, not just local, in the older age groups.
Thanks for clearing that up. So hypothetically, could the club have offered a scholar at the signing day in New Year to players from different clubs, in case the likes of ISS & Lawrence were not to sign?

Whatever has caused them 2 to leave needs to be identified, and aim to be rectified.

Another minor update but looks like Jak Stewart has also been released, alongside the ones we already knew about (Hughes, Kristensen, Hagan and Garcia).

See: https://www.evertonfc.com/teams/transfers

I think this means that Joe Anderson, Jack Barrett, Einar Iversen, Matty Mallon, Sean McAllister, Patrick Nash and Lewis Gibson have all signed new contracts that haven't been announced as of yet.

Edit: And Lonergan but he's not exactly a youth player!

Another minor update but looks like Jak Stewart has also been released, alongside the ones we already knew about (Hughes, Kristensen, Hagan and Garcia).

I think this means that Joe Anderson, Jack Barrett, Einar Iversen, Matty Mallon, Sean McAllister, Patrick Nash and Lewis Gibson have all signed new contracts that haven't been announced as of yet.

He who shall not be named isn't listed either

Whatever has caused them 2 to leave needs to be identified, and aim to be rectified.
Money will be a huge part of it. They'll be getting offered scholars with long, guaranteed pro deals although we'll be doing the same but maybe for not as much money.

I still wouldn't rule us out keeping them as there agents will be playing the same game all agents do and telling them to say they're going to get better deals but it will take something big, a scholar with 3 years pro guaranteed.

I've mentioned the alleged best u16 in the country before in this thread, Emre Tezgel at Stoke. He was supposed to be going all summer even as late as yesterday morning when he was due to sign for Leeds but he's now signed a scholar at Stoke with a 3 year pro.

Stoke will have had to pay him a lot but if they can meet his demands, we should be able to meet Emilio and ISS's demands although both are Manchester lads and have no affiliation to Everton at all.

I do know we've gave 7 of our scholars guaranteed pro deals which is a huge amount (2 of these will be Emilio and ISS).

Thanks for clearing that up. So hypothetically, could the club have offered a scholar at the signing day in New Year to players from different clubs, in case the likes of ISS & Lawrence were not to sign?
It's a technicality really saying they can't offer them a scholar as I think they have to give them a pro deal but they can only pay them a scholar's wage for a set period. I don't think they can officially offer them anything until about now when their existing academy contract runs out.

Money will be a huge part of it. They'll be getting offered scholars with long, guaranteed pro deals although we'll be doing the same but maybe for not as much money.

I still wouldn't rule us out keeping them as there agents will be playing the same game all agents do and telling them to say they're going to get better deals but it will take something big, a scholar with 3 years pro guaranteed.

I've mentioned the alleged best u16 in the country before in this thread, Emre Tezgel at Stoke. He was supposed to be going all summer even as late as yesterday morning when he was due to sign for Leeds but he's now signed a scholar at Stoke with a 3 year pro.

Stoke will have had to pay him a lot but if they can meet his demands, we should be able to meet Emilio and ISS's demands although both are Manchester lads and have no affiliation to Everton at all.

I do know we've gave 7 of our scholars guaranteed pro deals which is a huge amount (2 of these will be Emilio and ISS).

Thanks mate. Good context as well. I know the 16s was a good group, as are the 2 below by all accounts.

One thing that caught my eye recently in an article was that Thelwell wanted to have a proper wage structure, also for the academy, where it was felt Brands were just doling out contracts. No idea if true. No idea the impact of Unsworth too. But it seemed interesting to me anyway.

Thanks mate. Good context as well. I know the 16s was a good group, as are the 2 below by all accounts.

One thing that caught my eye recently in an article was that Thelwell wanted to have a proper wage structure, also for the academy, where it was felt Brands were just doling out contracts. No idea if true. No idea the impact of Unsworth too. But it seemed interesting to me anyway.
Believe it said Brands put in a wage structure because he couldnt believe some contracts in the academy but then that was the very pro-Brands Athletic

I’ve got the impression that the “ scholarship with guaranteed pro deal” is something we’ve used more and more the last two seasons. It makes sense and hopefully we can be competitive with Lawrence and ISS. ISS still has 11months until he’s 17 so the will he /won’t he sign a pro deal could happen again like with Small . If we can get keep him, we must also give him a pathway next season in line with his ability and ambitions.

Looks like nash has left also