Expectations for the season

Where you think this squad should finish

• Total voters
Another fight for survival. There's every possibility with this road crash of a club that we will be hit by another points deduction. If so, strap yourselves in.
I don't believe we will get strapped for another points deduction, not when there are a number of other clubs in similar situations and that's before we even get to Man City and Chelsea.

The PL have had their bite at us and for the sake of transparency they need to now be concentrating on more deserving cases instead of forever trying to brush them under the carpet in the hope that everyone will conveniently forget.

Otherwise it smacks of a targeted discrimination against our Club (was going to say 'victimisation' but the neighbours appear to have already claimed sole right to that) and further evidence of the corrupt bias pervading the PL.

IMG_6401.jpeg
IMG_6403.jpeg
IMG_6402.jpeg

what are we hated?
IMG_6404.jpeg
IMG_6400.jpeg

Yeah although he did not mention that in our 5 game run of home wins at the end of the season we played Forest, Brentford, Burnley and Sheffield United, and of course the derby. Without those 15 points we would be in the Championship this year.

I was negative at times last season but come on it was a big stretch to think the team would just lose all those games. RS was a great night and got the rub of decisions v Forest but Brentford and Sheffield United were as comfortable 1-0s as you can get given those two had little to play for.

Burnley was the big win in that run in. Not win that and things may have become a bit more tetchy but there was always a decent gap to the bottom 3 from December even with the deductions.

I think it will be a very comfortable season again. Should get a better start than last year when it was only 4 points from opening 7 looking at the home games and you have to think with it being the last season at Goodison the players will get a lift from that, the template was there end of last season when there was more ambition to attack in the first half.

I'll go for 12th and 48 points.

Do need to keep Tarks fit though. He is the most important player in the squad. Lose his leadership at the back for even two months and that could spell a bad run.

We'll finish 13th. I'll stake my reputation on it.

We'll have a purple patch, including wins against top five clubs but will come up short against some average ones and so it goes.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.