FA cup 5th round draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
I very much doubt they’re “glory fans”… What’s much more likely is that the fella who goes to every game also takes his missus, his kids, his mate etc etc because it’s something that’s never happened in the 40 years he’s been following the team and he wants to share it.

Doesn’t make them “glory fans” imo
Nah it's people who live nearby suddenly deciding they want to bask in the reflected glory of their town having a big day. People who normally support a PL or league club latch on to stuff like this for a big day out. Not having a go at them for it, but they are effectively glory hunting, albeit the glory is related to the occasion rather than the result.

Nah trust me, as a non-league fan for many years it happens. You see so many people at these big away ties that you never, ever see at the home games. They just want to get caught up in the occasion. It's good for the team but they're glory fans.
My home town team (was in the conference at the time) got to the 5th round 10 or so years ago and got a plum draw away. Seemed like half the town went, probably about 2% of them were actually fans of the team

I mean, if we're feeling super generous, we could give em a load of comp tickets for Blood Brothers.
I remember working at Everton a few years back, it was coming up to Xmas and all the staff were wondering if they would be getting a Xmas bonus that year.
Then a week or so before Uncle Bill kindly announced they would each, as their bonus, be getting a complimentary ticket to a matinee production at the Empire theatre of "Scrooge"... A Bill Kenwright production starring Michael Barrymore.

You can imagine the joyous outpouring that spewed forth... don't ever change Uncle Bill.

Boreham Wood are unbeaten in 17 which could be 22 games by the time we get to play them. Fair enough it's a much lower level of football but they'll be high on confidence so it's definitely a potential banana skin.

I'll still be confident of a comfortable win but I wouldn't want to see Lampard putting an under strength team out and taking it lightly.

Can make more subs in the fa cup. So play full strength team as they deserve it getting this far. Then make subs at half time and rest the key players.

My home town team (was in the conference at the time) got to the 5th round 10 or so years ago and got a plum draw away. Seemed like half the town went, probably about 2% of them were actually fans of the team

Yeh like I say, don't blame them, I'm not a die hard Barrow fan either but there are loads of them. They'll take loads of tickets just for the trip out for a TV game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back