FA Cup Winners or Champions League - Poll added

Which do you want most

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lose to City on the last day finish 5th on goal difference. Lose to Bournemouth in the final after beating City and United to get there.

Like I said, which megastars joined Leicester after their title win? Carlo and money are the ones holding the door open!
It was Leicester, who won the league and lost one of their best players.

This is Everton. Look how Spurs are looked upon for a few years in the top 4.

We signed kanchelskis in 95 and tried to get Collymore. It was the clubs fault and the board after we qualified in 05. We signed some dross.

After trying to get Scott Parker & Bellamy
So you are saying we signed a world class player after an FA cup win? I hear rumours he only signed because of eastern european mob gambling debt, not sure if that is true though. Either way it was the FA cup not the league.

Yeah PJ was a joke, but we did sign, Collins, Speed, Dacourt, Matterazzi....I was too young to really know what went wrong but that seems like a good core to add on to an FA Cup winning side.

Joe quit, I dont know why? And we went into freefall and nearly got relegated.

Not sure what this has to do with top 4 or FA cup in 2021 though.

Champions league for me. It would raise our profile and allow us to attract better players. In addition it would be so sweet if we made it and the rs didnt.

Oh few! Remember last time we went out to Villarreal right? Duncans header disallowed for who knows.
Not sure this site is allowed violence orientated posts but I would batter him Duncan style if I ever saw him...I've watched that goal 100 times and cant see anything wrong with it!

A more interesting question would be;

on the sly Man City offer us a deal, we allow them a "free pass" playing without a care, into the next round in exchange for a similar 3 points to us on the last game of the season.

Would you take it?

FA Cup, I honestly dont believe we have the players or method to even compete in the Champions league. And I dont think one qualification will enable us to buy a load of players that will change the squad top to bottom. I'm sure Carlo has what it takes, but the squad at his disposal doesnt. Ask me again next season after we've made some changes and I might give a different answer.

Plus my 10 year old lad has never seen us lift a pot and I reckon the joy that will bring will last longer in his memory than us qualifying for the CL.

Maybe I'm still tainted by 2005/06.

...sorry @Dario Terracotta, one isn’t dependent on the other so there really isn’t a choice to make.

I’d actually say if we win the FA Cup we have more of a chance of top four. Remember when Panathinaikos knocked us out of the European Cup, we then lost in that FA Cup semi final.

It’s more a question of both than either or.

F A Cup Winners...

A Trophy would be a great way to celebrate a good season after we successfully secure a European place for next years Europa cup...

It would be a significant move forward in the right direction & next season we move on again...

Big Journeys begin with small steps...

Status
Not open for further replies.