FA Cup Winners or Champions League - Poll added

Which do you want most

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would normally just say Champions League, but knowing our luck we'd finish 4th then the RS would win the CL and we'd lose our place. So, on this occasion I'll take the Cup thanks.

The F A Cup winners will now enter a new European competition.

If Everton win the trophy they will not qualify for the Europa League as in the past, but will instead go into the Uefa Europa Conference League (UECL).

I would normally just say Champions League, but knowing our luck we'd finish 4th then the RS would win the CL and we'd lose our place. So, on this occasion I'll take the Cup thanks.
I believe that should that scenario happen we would have 5 teams in the CL. I could be wrong.

FA Cup, I honestly dont believe we have the players or method to even compete in the Champions league. And I dont think one qualification will enable us to buy a load of players that will change the squad top to bottom. I'm sure Carlo has what it takes, but the squad at his disposal doesnt. Ask me again next season after we've made some changes and I might give a different answer.

Plus my 10 year old lad has never seen us lift a pot and I reckon the joy that will bring will last longer in his memory than us qualifying for the CL.

Maybe I'm still tainted by 2005/06.

I think if we qualify for CL we could attract the 4/5 players we need to compete. Maybe not win it first time but them players would help us finish top 4 again.

The F A Cup winners will now enter a new European competition.

If Everton win the trophy they will not qualify for the Europa League as in the past, but will instead go into the Uefa Europa Conference League (UECL).
I am pretty sure the Europe Conference League is for the winners of the League Cup, and the FA cup is still Europea League. Again, correct me if I am wrong.

pretty sure that is gone - if that happened 5 teams would enter next year.

Us older blues are lucky enough to have seen us lift the league and cups so for the generation of younger blues who have stuck with us through the bad times definitely the fa cup for them

I think if we qualify for CL we could attract the 4/5 players we need to compete. Maybe not win it first time but them players would help us finish top 4 again.
I see where you coming from, but 4/5 players is a big change and risk in one hit. We'd probably end up with 2021's version of Gylfi, and Yannick - good players but not good enough! I reckon we do better with small incremental changes. Saying that I'd not look a gift horse in the mouth either.

I see where you coming from, but 4/5 players is a big change and risk in one hit. We'd probably end up with 2021's version of Gylfi, and Yannick - good players but not good enough! I reckon we do better with small incremental changes. Saying that I'd not look a gift horse in the mouth either.

I'm happy with 8 of the team. I want a new GK, RB and AM. The other 2 would be a back up RW and a back up ST. Its not wholesale changes. I could even say keep Pickford for the time being. We introduced 4 this season and a back up keeper.

Fa cup for me - I understand the financial rewards re the champs league but to me the reason to exist is to win trophies. Still like both mind!

Fa cup all day, that would be a foundation to move on ,didn't that happen in the eighties let me think :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.