• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting aside the enormous amount of money he's taken from the club when not fit. I think its a shame that he could never put a run of games together. Made a huge difference for those few games we really needed him at the back end of the season. But time for both parties to say farewell

Maybe wasn't as much of a bell as we thought (just based on how teammates talked about him) but thank goodness we didn't make a knee-jerk reaction based on a few games. He really did make a big contribution down the stretch this season, but his fitness record is just horrific.

Putting aside the enormous amount of money he's taken from the club when not fit. I think its a shame that he could never put a run of games together. Made a huge difference for those few games we really needed him at the back end of the season. But time for both parties to say farewell
He did but it's mainly because he is a fairly competent player rather than him doing anything brilliantly. It's amazing what having a player who can at least do the basics in the middle of the park can do for a team.

It really should not be hard to replace that.

We actually don’t need to replace any of them because none of them contributed anything significant last season anyway.
That's daft. Yes they were crap (bad recruitment) but we still need to replace them with better. We need a 10, we need a CM and we need a backup striker. Could argue JJK is probably the only one we could get away with not replacing but it assumes Patterson will be up to scratch and Coleman can play second fiddle.

He did but it's mainly because he is a fairly competent player rather than him doing anything brilliantly. It's amazing what having a player who can at least do the basics in the middle of the park can do for a team.

It really should not be hard to replace that.
Even in the Chelsea game, Loftus-Cheek made a complete fool of him whenever he stepped out far enough to get turned.

I wouldn't be surprised if he just retired now. He was only ever a decent ratter in his pomp at Villa, and his legs are completely shot now.

Apparently his salary was nowhere near that quoted in the press, but Tosun was on massive wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back