fans that leave early

is it ok to leave before the final whistle?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to leave a little early at midweek games when I'm on nights. I hate it and can feel the disapproval by the people who sit by me.other than that the only time ive ever left early was when the RS won 5 0 at goodison. A young lad almost in tears

Depends on why you're leaving

If the start of the match was delayed and you have to leave early for transport reasons, then fair enough

Basically, if there's an emergency that's causing you to leave early, be it travel, sickness etc, then it's justified IMO

Leaving early cos the team is losing is a different matter. I've never left on my own voilition because we were losing, although I was sorely tempted at the Anfield Derby last season

Personally, I've never left early, but each to their own.

I remember seeing the lad in front of me leave early the season before last when we were 0-1 down to Spurs, and then we scored 2 goals and won. You never know what might happen.

Was having a discussion with a mate earlier and we were saying about fans leaving before the final whistle. He does it if it's a foregone conclusion where as I would never leave before the final whistle.
I was at the first game of the season a few years back when arsenal battered us 6-1 and I didn't even dream of walking out early

Fans that leave early should be banned!

I voted no, but only as there was no cheese on toast option.
Sometimes you have to leave early for various reasons
It would have to be a worse tonking than the many I have seen to make just give up and walk out, for those occasions they should bring back the cushions.

15mins to go
severe tonking
stand up
hurl cushion on to pitch ( with no doubt many 1000's others )
go to pub and wait for traffic to disperse aka drown sorrows

If I have to go I leave my seat and stand at the back ready for a quick dash down the stairs, dodging those little hitler stewards who want me to sit down t@s.

Only once have i ever left the game early to beat traffic. Derby at Goodison 2-2. As we left Suarez scored the offside goal in the dying minutes.
I ran back to my seat (after filling my underwear) and missed the stevie G beaut slide - absoloutley gutted, never left a game since !

My dad wouldn't let me leave the Arsenal 6-1 debacle early, character building my arse.

That's the only game I have ever left early, I knew the chippy would be rammed and I thought that we were'nt going to score 6 goals in the space of 2 minutes so I shot off

I was the only person left in my block at THAT Arsenal game. When we scored i ran up and down the aisle lollol

Chelsea this season, i stood up when besic gifted them the goal and said to me dad "i've had enough lets go" then sat back down and sulked. I just can't leave a game early, the 2 in front do my head in, it could be 1 1 and us looking like scoring a winner and they go on the 87th EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Just remembered i left the derby early last season because my gf was waiting in Lime St, for us to go on a short break to London, Lukaku scored and we ran down the stairs celebrating and to the car...me dad drove me to lime st and we scored again, then they scored in the last mins. Made it onto the train with minutes to spare!

Only left early once and that was because I was thrown out by the stewards at Newcastle. I think the Geordie accent in the away section was getting on their tits.

My brother once left when we were 0-3 down to City (when they were rubbish) at Goodison and we got back to 2-3 and hit the post. I'd have made his life a misery had we got that equaliser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back