Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

'Fans'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet there is a great thread in the making with your gen...my gen (44)...and others in what you said. My 30 somethings were in the 90's by comparison...thankfully I didn't have full access as an American back then...shame I could only celebrate on a minor liner note in the New York Times back in the mid 80's.

Full access for us over here was the Moyes era...which was decent like...but filled with underachievement whilst overachieving if that makes any sense.

Maybe I should start such a thread..

At the game saturday, one thing that annoys me is people getting up 5-10 mins before half time, coming back 5-10mins late and leaving 5-10mins early strange behaviour.

The amount that walked out when they scored their 2nd was crazy.

Overall the atmosphere was decent then went a bit off but went decent again. I did not boo.

At the game saturday, one thing that annoys me is people getting up 5-10 mins before half time, coming back 5-10mins late and leaving 5-10mins early strange behaviour.
The amount that walked out when they scored their 2nd was crazy.

Overall the atmosphere was decent then went a bit off but went decent again. I did not boo.

Those people are more interested in getting a pint at half time & getting back to the boozer for a pint before the rush !!

These are the modern times we live in people are more judgmental they want to see 90 grand a week players run through brick walls for their team

Thought we'd sold out the full 3000 for Southampton but apparently we've sent back 1000 of them and classed it as sold out anyway. This true?

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20150803-everton-tickets-now-limited-2590926.aspx

It said on our site that we had an initial allocation of 2,550 and it was the same last season. I think that is the number we have sold, and we then allowed Southampton to sell Block 43 to the home fans. As far as I am aware the full allocation is 3,100 at St Mary's so we are 650 short of the full allocation. We could have sold more than 2,500 but obviously Everton didn't feel the demand was there for us to sell 3,100.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20150803-everton-tickets-now-limited-2590926.aspx

It said on our site that we had an initial allocation of 2,550 and it was the same last season. I think that is the number we have sold, and we then allowed Southampton to sell Block 43 to the home fans. As far as I am aware the full allocation is 3,100 at St Mary's so we are 650 short of the full allocation. We could have sold more than 2,500 but obviously Everton didn't feel the demand was there for us to sell 3,100.
Cheers mate. Still a solid turnout for a 6 hour trip with an early kick off.

I was thirtysomething in the mid-80s and remember tying a Blue ribbon around our dog's neck before walking her to the shops the morning of the 1984 Cup Final, so proud was I. I was prouder still as I stood at Wembley Stadium and cheered the lads as they paraded the cup.

Wembley became my second home over the next few years, even though there was little to celebrate at the end of most games. I look back at that glorious time with immense pride and, notwithstanding 1995, it breaks my heart how greatly the club suffered from the European ban (which was when I became a bitter blue) and that has been highlighted by our lack of growth and success since.

I wonder how many who booed remember the mid-80s? Those that don't will never know the sadness we feel. Yet we would never think of making a public disgrace of ourselves. People down here often wonder why I chose to support Everton and, as we all know, I didn't choose Everton, Everton chose me, and made me feel specially blessed. When I was aged 12, and a relatively new Blue, Fred Pickering was bought to ultimately replace my hero, Alex Young, I was frightened that it meant the end of the Golden Vision. When my fears were realized, although I cried for days, I never once thought of booing Fred. Times change, people move on.

Maybe I'm just made of different stuff because now, as I am now 62 and about to move to an over 60s retirement apartment with my wife, although I have become cynical where politicians and wannabe reality 'celebrities' are concerned, I will never EVER become cynical where my beloved Everton are concerned.

Absolutely spot on.....I am the same age as you and endorse all the comments you made...The atmosphere in my stand (Upper Bullens) is funereal although said stand was never known as a raucous place anyway. Most of the comments and groans around me are about Lukaku and I am fed up pointing out we are playing balls into him with his back to goal. Yes it is frustrating with the style of play we have now but I try and encourage the players not boo them as individuals. Yes there was a sort of collective groan when Kone came on but the lad in his favour saved the game for us and rightly should get credit. Its up to Martinez to change the situation on the pitch, either by getting new players in or being more adaptable and positive from the start of the match. Until then the same situation may arise in the next 2 months with our run of fixtures. It pains me to say that after 50years of going to watch the Blues it is becoming less and less enjoyable but booing players...just out of order as far as I am concerned.

Some of our fans are a disgrace, plain and simple expecting us to beat Watford. Chelsea should have beat Swansea, west ham won aganist arsenal away. Getting on the players back is a joke. We might not be good enough to win all our games but they give it all and try their best. L

Some of our fans are a disgrace, plain and simple expecting us to beat Watford. Chelsea should have beat Swansea, west ham won aganist arsenal away. Getting on the players back is a joke. We might not be good enough to win all our games but they give it all and try their best. L
So we shouldn't have any expectations of the team anymore and should simply be happy with them?

We shouldn't expect to beat a newly promoted side at home?

A new low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back