Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

'Fans'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with OP. The negativity at the game now is getting unbearable. 5 minutes in and people are sharpening the knives. I understand we pay good money to watch but isn't it meant to be an enjoyable experiences? Granted the football on the pitch shapes the experience but surely a bit more positivity from the stands may help

Probably true that, but forums have also made people a lot more informed than they would otherwise have been...

Absolutely, I'm not surrounded by 1000's of blues talking about Everton in my day to day life so it's a fantastic resource. Even though some posts are knee-jerk, opinionated and imperfect you can see a full spectrum of different views, which I believe in everything gives a more grounded overall view.

I disagree. If the internet has proved anything, it's how ill informed people can be. (1000 pages of hysterical tripe in the Transfer thread?)

There's no problem with being ill informed but why go to the trouble of publishing the fact?

I disagree. If the internet has proved anything, it's how ill informed people can be. (1000 pages of hysterical tripe in the Transfer thread?)

There's no problem with being ill informed but why go to the trouble of publishing the fact?

The transfer window thread is a harsh example to call me up on!

I think its about carrying several thousand pinches of salt with you, ready to use, and remember that it IS ALL user generated by the public before getting a Shaqiri tattoo.

What I'm saying It's good to see varying opinions, even if some of them are daft.

Also, those ill-informed people usually get told so will hopefully come away the wiser for it..

Apologies for only commenting on the original post and not whats followed.

I think the poster is absolutely right to be critical. To boo someone before they enter is out of order. Kone has not put in a transfer request, always given 100% and conducted himself well. Yes he's a poor player and had a bad injury but he can hardly be blamed for that if you are to attack anyone it should be the management. He took his goal well yesterday. I maintain he plays well with Lukaku and it may well be a good partnership.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be allowed to boo or whatever makes them feel better, I just find it odd that they consider themselves "customers" yet keep going back.

If you're disgruntled with the service at a store, you don't keep coming back for more do you?

You can't call yourself a customer in this situation, it's daft.
Your not talking about buying a bag of chips from a crap chippy,if you support a football team you support a football team unfortunately they make you pay to do so and such become a customer,are you saying dont watch everton because they're not very good but other teams are better so go and follow them like you would go to a better chippy then

My brother was there the moans and boos where purely on Galloway being subbed , and Barry or Macathy staying on who had very poor games - rarely subbed those two even when they stink the place out - Galloway was having a good game that was what the boos were frustration nothing to do with Kone!

McCarthy was poor indeed but I think that was one of the best games Barry has played in an Everton shirt due to him being the only one bothering to put a forward pass. Taking Galloway off was an attacking option as putting Barry at Left Back enabled us to get more pace going forward in Oviedo (who has a hell of a shot in both feet). Also, Galloway can't cross can he? He's a centre back. Barry on the other hand has very good crossing and shooting. I thought it was a very clever decision by Martinez and his subs certainly saved the game for us.

My brother was there the moans and boos where purely on Galloway being subbed , and Barry or Macathy staying on who had very poor games - rarely subbed those two even when they stink the place out - Galloway was having a good game that was what the boos were frustration nothing to do with Kone!

I have to say that is what I believe.

No one round me was booing at Kone coming on.....just annoyed that Galloway was going off.

A decision I had no gripe with, BTW as although he was sound enough defensively he offered nowt going forward and Barry for all his other faults was able to launch attacks from the LB position.

I thought McCarthy had his worst game in an Everton shirt.....that ridiculous pull back in their box straight to the Watford player when he was under little or no pressure and had targets to aim at epitomised his day.

I have to say that is what I believe.

No one round me was booing at Kone coming on.....just annoyed that Galloway was going off.

A decision I had no gripe with, BTW as although he was sound enough defensively he offered nowt going forward and Barry for all his other faults was able to launch attacks from the LB position.

I thought McCarthy had his worst game in an Everton shirt.....that ridiculous pull back in their box straight to the Watford player when he was under little or no pressure and had targets to aim at epitomised his day.
That pull back summed his game up as Lukarku was 5 yards back 12 ft away unmarked asking for the ball to equalise. and he hit it hard an low- I agree with your post why are McCarthy, and Barry immune from being subbed McCarthy had an awful game so much so I was wishing he had gone to Spurs!
Macarthy should have been taken off and Barry told to cover the centre as he was having a slightly better game other than the dross!

I didn't go to the game on Saturday so don't know why fans were booing, however I personally believe fans are every reason to be angry. The truth is fans are become sick of Martinez and want him out. We do have a good team made up of four current England internationals, one of the best right backs in the league and Lukaku who has only scored less than Aguero, Van Persie and Suarez. Kone is really no better than Anichebe who we got rid of, despite the fact at least he always put in 100% for the team towards the end of his time at Everton. Even before his injury Kone was hardly great, however I hope he can prove me and a lot of other fans wrong and have a good season. Picking on 1 player is unforgivable, particularly a player like Kone was seems like a nice enough chap.

McCarthy was poor indeed but I think that was one of the best games Barry has played in an Everton shirt due to him being the only one bothering to put a forward pass. Taking Galloway off was an attacking option as putting Barry at Left Back enabled us to get more pace going forward in Oviedo (who has a hell of a shot in both feet). Also, Galloway can't cross can he? He's a centre back. Barry on the other hand has very good crossing and shooting. I thought it was a very clever decision by Martinez and his subs certainly saved the game for us.
It was a huge risk that didn't pay off playing Galloway but with Baines' injury and Oviedo unfit you can understand why.

In fact Martinez played the only hand he was dealt. I honestly don't think I could disagree with any of his decisions which shows how weak we are at the moment without new signings and our injury problems. I'm really disappointed Oviedo isn't further along and also don't really understand why he's not. If Ovideo was this far away I do wonder about the wisdom of loaning out Garbutt but Baines' injury was also just unfortunate.

Maybe he could have gone 3 at the back.

It was a huge risk that didn't pay off playing Galloway but with Baines' injury and Oviedo unfit you can understand why.

In fact Martinez played the only hand he was dealt. I honestly don't think I could disagree with any of his decisions which shows how weak we are at the moment without new signings and our injury problems. I'm really disappointed Oviedo isn't further along and also don't really understand why he's not. If Ovideo was this far away I do wonder about the wisdom of loaning out Garbutt but Baines' injury was also just unfortunate.

Maybe he could have gone 3 at the back.

We can't go three at the back when we only have two proper senior center backs at the moment! Also 3 at the back when you know we will play two defensive midfielders is really not good. We need more players.

We can't go three at the back when we only have two proper senior center backs at the moment! Also 3 at the back when you know we will play two defensive midfielders is really not good. We need more players.
In my opinion Browning has looked better in pre-season than Galloway.

I don't think we should be playing two defensive midfielders against Watford at home either. We do however need more players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back