Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

'Fans'

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the rights of all the other blues that have to listen to you?

There's a difference between booing after a poor half or performance and booing a player who has yet to come on.
I didn't boo Kone when he came on in fact, I don't remember hearing any boos. There was a collective groan and I said something along the lines of "FFS, not Kone". We aren't robotic, the match is a heated environment and people act a certain way in the match that they probably don't do in their everyday life.

The fact is, yesterday was a very disappointing performance against one of the weakest teams in the league, it followed on from a bitterly disappointing last season. I cannot sit there and applaud that off the pitch or cheer a player I think is stealing a living. The club is rotten from the board, down and I think a lot of like minded people are now just fed up of the same old rubbish churned out.

Personally I think our fans show more restraint and patience than others would.

Yesterday was a shocking performance and result, masked by a slightly more palatable 2nd half where the players 'tried a bit'. Everton are the ultimate phoneys, the experts in the late cavalry charge, throwing the kitchen sink at teams at the death when they've left themselves too much to do to win the game.

If they pulled their finger out from minute one they'd win the game.

As it was they got polite applause instead of boos at the end. Still not good enough.

So overblown.

First half deserved a good old fashioned booing sesh (I did not partake). Kone sub got a few boos/grumbles; wasn't exactly the whole stadium.

I wish someone would take you away.
Lads take it to PM, put each other on ignore if necessary, but please don't act out fights in public.

Now let's draw a line under it.

:)

So overblown.

First half deserved a good old fashioned booing sesh (I did not partake). Kone sub got a few boos/grumbles; wasn't exactly the whole stadium.
I did think this myself.

It was dull football with no tempo against a poor team waiting with no ambition waiting to get beat.

I was frustrated. Loads were frustrated. Boos will happen. There's a turgid Everton right now that will only attract more boos.
Exactly right.

Lads take it to PM, put each other on ignore if necessary, but please don't act out fights in public.

I did think this myself.

Exactly right.

Wowsers, I didn't get an alert for that. No problem here mate, forgot it had happened! Don't even know who that poster is to be honest :)

I did think this myself.

Exactly right.

It was audible enough for us dirty American types to hear it on TV throughout the first half (the groans), at halftime (the boos...ob for all really), when Kone was warming up (a bit of both)...unproductive moaners IMO. The opponent would feed off it usually.

Wowsers, I didn't get an alert for that. No problem here mate, forgot it had happened! Don't even know who that poster is to be honest :)
It happens occasionally.

Please don't boo us for it, it's not like we're Arouna Kone or Everton's first team or anything......

It was audible enough for us dirty American types to hear it on TV throughout the first half (the groans), at halftime (the boos...ob for all really), when Kone was warming up (a bit of both)...unproductive moaners IMO. The opponent would feed off it usually.
Perhaps that depends on where the TV mics are?

Aye, it was awful, but to boo someone before they've even got on the field, when its your own player, is bizarre.

By the way, people are saying it's their right to boo because they're a paying "customer". Well bugger me, here I was thinking I was a "supporter". If it's good service you want, head down to a fancy restaurant, or support Real Madrid or something.

Comparing football to service is quite frankly out of this world.

Perhaps mate. Was cringeworthy on the TV...the worst as has been pointed out were the rumbles leading up to Kone entering.

End of the day, it's unproductive behavior...and if any of you have played sports in front of an audience, you know that fan encouragement is like crack...booing is like kryptonite.
True, and he did save the day, however let's be realistic - trailing 2-1 and with his track record, the introduction of Kone was never going to be greeted with wild abandon. Of course to boo him is wrong, certainly.

I still remember the boo's when Besic kept getting subbed out early.

I wonder if he ever thought they were negative boo's towards him, hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back