Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

'Fans'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferguson thrived on the Goodison lovin', what dya think would've happened if he didn't get that?

That's a long term effect I could envisage; short-term it obviously affects developing players like Barkley/Lukaku(Stones seems immune for now) etc. in their confidence - Barkley is a big candidate for that.

I don't think it would have had any detrimental effect on Duncan.

As a young lad I watched the likes of Bally, Howard and Colin leave the field as a barrage of cushions rained down from the the posh seats after a bad display.

I saw Neville, Sheedy, Sharpy et al walk off the pitch with the boos ringing in their ears, most notably in the Glen Keeley derby.

And there were some pretty grim performances during Duncan's time so I am certain the team would have been booed off on occasion when he played as well.

But all those guys played through the boos, became Everton legends and are still blue to the core.

The big difference between then and now was the fact payers were not as out of touch with reality then.

Andy King, for example, used to live round the corner from me in Melling, in the same kind of house.

Those guys would have been ashamed to play the timid, safety first football so much in evident thus past ten months and would have had enough self awareness to admit the boo boys and cushion chuckers had a point.

These kids today are not used to criticism of any sort, much less the boos of frustration coming from people who make tremendous sacrifices to go the game these days.

All they are used to us agents bigging them up and clubs throwing preposterous amounts of cash at them....they would never think they are at fault so your point about it affecting their confidence is valid up to a point but someone will whisper in their ear that it ain't there fault the team is crap so they will soon resume their arrogant ways.

The boos that echoed around the ground last season never diminished the self worth felt by Lukaku and Mirallas to name but two.

I don't know what to say or do about it.

The boos at the end of the first half were totally justified given the soporific football Everton played.

And they seemed to work because the team was unrecognisable in the second half.

Booing Kone however.....or any individual player as such.....is totally, utterly wrong.

But we better get used to the booing because if the crab ball of today's first half is to continue to be the norm and it takes an opposition goal to spark us into life then this threatens to be a poisonous season in the stands at Goodison.

I don't like booing myself, but I do feel that as paying customers the fans do have a right to show displeasure.
its like @Groucho said, just wait and boo the teams performance at the end of the match if it was poor, no need to hurl abuse at individual players every touch or before they even get on the pitch

People be hating be we call them fans anyway. That's how it is.

Wish people wouldn't get so butt hurt about not enjoying the way we play. It's not about booing the players, it's not about the fact we drew or lost etc, it's about the way in which we go about it all.

Every team in the prem, hell even the championship could create 3 clear cut chances against us per game. We wouldn't create any, no matter who the opposition... because of the way we play. We play differently, much slower and much less incisive than any other team i've ever seen and it's more than annoying.

We have a very talented squad. Just wish we played decent footy.

i don't like any booing of players; if it's because they're simply not trying then yes, then it's acceptable. But booing them because they're not good enough whilst giving it their all like kone has always tried to do for us - is really unacceptable in my opinion. The lad's had a tough time here especially with the injury, but i see it a lot on here, where he won't even play that bad and people just single him out saying he's terrible.

osman, mcgeady and naismith are very much the same. No matter what they do, people have that opinion that they're poor and must have played poor.

I think the way Barkley is treated is absolutely disgusting. He plays good balls but players around him lack the movement to run onto them. He was man of the match yesterday by a mile and he was getting booed for actually using his brain to work the match out. Pathetic. I suppose the boo boys will be the ones moaning if he moves club! Ridiculous.

I think you both make good points here.

As I've said above, I've booed the team on the whole on very rare instances of ball-achingly bad performances, because I do think that as paying and loyal fans we have a right of protest if, and only if, it warrants it.

But some people are never happy.

Could be he's been here for two years on the type of weekly wage some earn for two years work and he's raped the club,an honest days pay for an honest days work........not for me to boo but who the hell are you to tell people to go and not come back

If kone doesn't want negative reaction he should put in a shift now and again and earn the massive wages he's being paid

That's all
I'd like you not to use the word rape in this context - it's only football mate, that's all.

On to Kone, I've been critical of him, however if I am to criticise his bad and lacklustre performances, then in the interests of fairness I must also praise his good ones, and we'd have been left empty handed without him against Watford.

I think that it is wrong for those who do not go to the game to procrastinate about those that do.
If you mean "preach to and lecture", then I agree but only in part. Some folk can't go every week due to work and family commitments. Everyone is entitled to an opinion though mate.

And at the end of the day everyone is different. Booing is fine for some, but wrong for others. Some, like me, fall in between.

It's because we won all those trophies under Moyes and played great football. Withdrawal symptoms.

There's an element of UTTER WEAPONISM that has slowly creeped into the club. Its very disconcerting.

I don't like Kone but I wouldn't boo him coming on when we're behind.

Think some people are acting like complete beauts at the moment and need to get a grip of themselves.

I mean, by all means boo and criticise, but at least wait until the fella's touched the ball a few times ffs.

I'm going to have to charge you a consultancy fee. First the dynamics of how a board room work and now this. ;)

A couple if years ago I bought a business that had gone bust. I engaged the previous owner as a consultant to tell me all he thought was wrong with the business, then did the exact opposite of what he advised.

I have the feeling I would employ you similarly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back