Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

'Fans'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im saddened to say this but it will definitely be my last season of watching everton. I was hoping a few of the moaning bells who sit by me wouldn't be back this year but alas they are. Football forums have made a lot of misfits massively over opinionated and sadly its spread to the crowd over the last couple of years

Probably true that, but forums have also made people a lot more informed than they would otherwise have been

Instead of people wanting singing sections I think there's something to be said for having sensible sections, and the relatively silent majority should have the right to eject anyone we think is acting like a pleb

I miss Rep so much

... and rep misses you !

It's true. People do go on about how much they are paid when justifying the abuse. But ask anyone who works in a customer facing role there's some people who just feel they are entitled to act any way they want just because they pay money.

They aren't entitled to anything except the choice not to buy that product again and frankly if they are the type of customer who gives abuse I'm sure no one would miss them.

Even for a rational adult, it is difficult not to be frustrated when you are spending a significant part of your income following your team, watching players and staff who get in a week what you get in a year or two boring you to death and leave you feeling miserable half of the time, and knowing that the directors and board members who are overseeing our decline are happy to simply take their cut.

For the Everton business we may be little more than customers, but then again I support something bigger than the Everton business. It's such a shame that there's such a divide between club and fans due to the money in the game, which no doubt only makes all the resentment so much uglier.

You can blame it on entitlement, or on the new generation, but sometimes the current state of affairs is just so depressing. And it didn't come about overnight.

Even for a rational adult, it is difficult not to be frustrated when you are spending a significant part of your income following your team, watching players and staff who get in a week what you get in a year or two boring you to death and leave you feeling miserable half of the time, and knowing that the directors and board members who are overseeing our decline are happy to simply take their cut.

For the Everton business we may be little more than customers, but then again I support something bigger than the Everton business. It's such a shame that there's such a divide between club and fans due to the money in the game, which no doubt only makes all the resentment so much uglier.

You can blame it on entitlement, or on the new generation, but sometimes the current state of affairs is just so depressing. And it didn't come about overnight.
They get paid what their market rate is. It's not their fault and shouldn't be used as a reason to hurl abuse at them but I do get what you are saying.

You could always spend your money elsewhere. If you're an adult then you should know you aren't guaranteed a school of science lesson every game.

Probably true that, but forums have also made people a lot more informed than they would otherwise have been

Instead of people wanting singing sections I think there's something to be said for having sensible sections, and the relatively silent majority should have the right to eject anyone we think is acting like a pleb

... and rep misses you !
Get your coat your out

I dunno if this is far-fetched or something but think about the last testimonial we had... will a player ever be able to endear themselves like that to the fans again if there is a big chasm of hostility between crowd and players? Definitely up to the player to earn that kind of reputation in the first place, of course...

...but even Baines, for example, who is probably our most loved player out of the current squad, as a local lad - it must have an effect on him, even if he thinks he understands the frustration that motivates the boo boys. Apologies for the amateur psychoanalysis, but it's got to make him less inclined to want to interact with us if all he sees from the pitch is the Lower Gwladys baying for blood? Ferguson thrived on the Goodison lovin', what dya think would've happened if he didn't get that?

That's a long term effect I could envisage; short-term it obviously affects developing players like Barkley/Lukaku(Stones seems immune for now) etc. in their confidence - Barkley is a big candidate for that.

Yeah they do earn silly money and to play a sport they presumably enjoy. But that is all they are equipped to do and in every other respect they are mostly normal people (or slightly less intelligent, for the most part).

By all means feel aggrieved at the modern state of the game and the toll it has on your pocket - and the return you get from it. And no-one can stifle your 'free speech', so don't worry about that. But booing your own players like this is not a sensible reaction to wanting better for the football club, or just more for your money - simple as.

Thought they were being edgy and saying Kooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooone myself. (like England and Wales Cricket Fans do with Jo Root)

hmm, not sure this is correct because that would sound like the racist term which is also used as cartman's character in south park acting as a racoon.

i don't like any booing of players; if it's because they're simply not trying then yes, then it's acceptable. But booing them because they're not good enough whilst giving it their all like kone has always tried to do for us - is really unacceptable in my opinion. The lad's had a tough time here especially with the injury, but i see it a lot on here, where he won't even play that bad and people just single him out saying he's terrible.

osman, mcgeady and naismith are very much the same. No matter what they do, people have that opinion that they're poor and must have played poor.

I think the way Barkley is treated is absolutely disgusting. He plays good balls but players around him lack the movement to run onto them. He was man of the match yesterday by a mile and he was getting booed for actually using his brain to work the match out. Pathetic. I suppose the boo boys will be the ones moaning if he moves club! Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back