Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

'Fans'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again you are misunderstanding what a fan's right's are. They aren't entitled to value for money, they are entitled to be at the match assuming they behave a certain way. e.g. If someone was drunk and abusive they would get ejected.

However what we're talking about is whether they should do it not whether they can do it. As I said booing after the 1st half I think it was perfectly understandable but not to boo a player before he has even come on even if it was the decision to bring on that player and not necessarily directed at the player because it doesn't help.

If you disagree with that and it's something you did then that's up to you.
You don't read my posts do you

Again I believe the introduction of a consistent poor performer while we're losing was the reason for the booing and not directed at aruna kone but towards Roberto martinez

Again you are misunderstanding what a fan's right's are. They aren't entitled to value for money, they are entitled to be at the match assuming they behave a certain way. e.g. If someone was drunk and abusive they would get ejected.

However what we're talking about is whether they should do it not whether they can do it. As I said booing after the 1st half I think it was perfectly understandable but not to boo a player before he has even come on even if it was the decision to bring on that player and not necessarily directed at the player because it doesn't help.

If you disagree with that and it's something you did then that's up to you.

Booing after the first half doesn't help either ffs.

Today's tickets probably cost between 35 and 40 quid.
If people had paid a fiver, would they still be entitled to boo a player when he came on as a sub ?
People can do what they want and I won't judge them,I'm not in a position to decide whether it's wrong or not as I believe in free speech

. I think after that kind of performance in the 1st half booing is entirely justified.

I don't want to see players being booed during the game or individual players singled out but booing can give the players a kick up the ass.

There's very few.people in life who in the course of their jobs or professions improve their performances through the stick rather than the carrot.

In fact I would go as far as to say any professional sportsman who regularly requires the stick to perform at an acceptable standard is in the wrong profession.

Booing can only serve to energise and encourage the opposition not the home team. I can understand the frustration but it is totally counter-productive in the course of a match.

People can do what they want and I won't judge them,I'm not in a position to decide whether it's wrong or not as I believe in free speech

Which is fair enough. Personally I think it makes them ( the fans ) feel better but does much more harm than good.
But you said "... the fans are entitled to value for money".

Again, I understand that, but what I'm trying to get is whether or not you think the amount players are getting paid and how much we pay to get into the ground should really make any difference as to how, as supporters, we react at the game ?

It's not a pantomime
Oh, yes it is.

True, victim of his own success to some extent, which has raised expectations, probably unrealistically so if we're honest.

But I'd still say there's an underlying change in peoples mindsets which has crept in. It is possible that I'm just a miserable arl arse though.
I think this is true but I also think part of the reason why a lot of people had got fed up with Moyes was because we had stagnated.

Moyes' biggest trick was rebranding us as the people's club and that kept the fans anaesthetised while Martinez made us remember what it was like to be a top team again. Unfortunately in the words of the captain in Top Gun "His mouth is writing checks that his ass can't cash".

You don't read my posts do you

Again I believe the introduction of a consistent poor performer while we're losing was the reason for the booing and not directed at aruna kone but towards Roberto martinez
How ironic when you quoted my message that said this.

"even if it was the decision to bring on that player and not necessarily directed at the player because it doesn't help."

There's very few.people in life who in the course of their jobs or professions improve their performances through the stick rather than the carrot.

In fact I would go as far as to say any professional sportsman who regularly requires the stick to perform at an acceptable standard is in the wrong profession.

Booing can only serve to energise and encourage the opposition not the home team. I can understand the frustration but it is totally counter-productive in the course of a match.
Modern thinking baloney and frankly the kind of opinion I worry that Martinez would agree with. It requires a balance.

How ironic when you quoted my message that said this.

"even if it was the decision to bring on that player and not necessarily directed at the player because it doesn't help."
The point is people can do as they please don't tell them how they should act

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back