Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

'Fans'

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually turning me off going to the match mate. The negativity goes from Barry, Barkley, Naismith, Kone etc etc etc. Fair do's it doesn't bother you but I used to think our fan base as a whole was much better than that.
I believe they are and I also believe the negative build up to the season has produced a poor atmosphere at today's game,we're losing and not playing well and he throws a consistent poor performer on to change things,for me they were booing the choice of sub rather than booing aruna kone

I didn't believe in Kone before he stepped on and I was slating Martinez for not bringing on Naismith or Conor instead. But I would never boo an Everton player (unless he wasn't trying.. ie Lescott (before leaving for City) & Felani (against Wigan in cup).

Though to be fair, I doubt they were booing Kone. I think it's more about the fans telling the manager, why the hell are you bringing this guy on?

I'm not defending it,it just doesn't bother me,like I keep saying for me people can do or say what they want
I hate to say it but you are defending it by saying they have the right to do what they want. Just because someone can do something doesn't mean they should do it and that's when you are allowed to have an opinion.

Should they technically be ejected from the ground for it? Well ultimately that's down to the club but there's no human right that allows you to go to a football match and act whatever way you want which is why I said "necessarily".

Bollocks...please read @the esk's post.
I read it and I disagreed. I think after that kind of performance in the 1st half booing is entirely justified.

I don't want to see players being booed during the game or individual players singled out but booing can give the players a kick up the ass. Put it this way, I hope Martinez at half time gave them the hairdryer treatment as well.

I didn't believe in Kone before he stepped on and I was slating Martinez for not bringing on Naismith or Conor instead. But I would never boo an Everton player (unless he wasn't trying.. ie Lescott (before leaving for City) & Felani (against Wigan in cup).

Though to be fair, I doubt they were booing Kone. I think it's more about the fans telling the manager, why the hell are you bringing this guy on?

Same message to the player, innit?

Crowd is a natural thing, it's like those fools who blame the stupidity of the British electorate for election results. Quits simply Martinez has been trolling a lot of the fans for a good year now, they're not happy so they boo. It wasn't directed at Kone, more at Martinez. If he has created s team that went out looking to win games no one would be booing. Instead he sends teams out as though they are doing a training drill.

I hate to say it but you are defending it by saying they have the right to do what they want. Just because someone can do something doesn't mean they should do it and that's when you are allowed to have an opinion.

Should they technically be ejected from the ground for it? Well ultimately that's down to the club but there's no human right that allows you to go to a football match and act whatever way you want which is why I said "necessarily".
Your entitled to feel the way you do,the fans are entitled to value for money,to stop people voicing opinions at the game would be the end

I read it and I disagreed. I think after that kind of performance in the 1st half booing is entirely justified.

I don't want to see players being booed during the game or individual players singled out but booing can give the players a kick up the ass. Put it this way, I hope Martinez at half time gave them the hairdryer treatment as well.

I was talking about the highlighted part...booing does not help us in anyway. If anything it's encouragement for the opposition ffs.

Your entitled to feel the way you do,the fans are entitled to value for money,to stop people voicing opinions at the game would be the end
Again you are misunderstanding what a fan's right's are. They aren't entitled to value for money, they are entitled to be at the match assuming they behave a certain way. e.g. If someone was drunk and abusive they would get ejected.

However what we're talking about is whether they should do it not whether they can do it. As I said booing after the 1st half I think it was perfectly understandable but not to boo a player before he has even come on even if it was the decision to bring on that player and not necessarily directed at the player because it doesn't help.

If you disagree with that and it's something you did then that's up to you.

It was the decision to bring him on rather than the player himself that caused the booing, was it not ?

Either way the booing was wrong because it was the correct substitution to make and ultimately got us the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back