Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

'Fans'

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, and he did save the day, however let's be realistic - trailing 2-1 and with his track record, the introduction of Kone was never going to be greeted with wild abandon. Of course to boo him is wrong, certainly.

Fair point mate...that said, it's not productive to try to support vs booing. IMO those that booed Kone should line up one by one and hang their head for a moment or two then apologize to us all.

Aye, it was awful, but to boo someone before they've even got on the field, when its your own player, is bizarre.

By the way, people are saying it's their right to boo because they're a paying "customer". Well bugger me, here I was thinking I was a "supporter". If it's good service you want, head down to a fancy restaurant, or support Real Madrid or something.

Comparing football to service is quite frankly out of this world.
Massively with you on this. I'm a supporter not a customer.
If you're a customer and not a supporter then what are you doing with Everton.
As a supporter, I see booing as quite counter-productive. You aren't supporting the team really, only voicing your disgust at the state of proceedings. When the player's heads and confidence has dropped in the past, maybe if we want to see good performances wholehearted booing isn't the way to go.

Massively with you on this. I'm a supporter not a customer.
If you're a customer and not a supporter then what are you doing with Everton.
As a supporter, I see booing as quite counter-productive. You aren't supporting the team really, only voicing your disgust at the state of proceedings. When the player's heads and confidence has dropped in the past, maybe if we want to see good performances wholehearted booing isn't the way to go.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be allowed to boo or whatever makes them feel better, I just find it odd that they consider themselves "customers" yet keep going back.

If you're disgruntled with the service at a store, you don't keep coming back for more do you?

You can't call yourself a customer in this situation, it's daft.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be allowed to boo or whatever makes them feel better, I just find it odd that they consider themselves "customers" yet keep going back.

If you're disgruntled with the service at a store, you don't keep coming back for more do you?

You can't call yourself a customer in this situation, it's daft.
Yeah fair enough. That's just my opinion on booing, is that you should reserve it for the opposition and ref.

Bloody tough on Kone to get booed while warming up. Silly even to boo your own player

It's a storm that's been brewing for a while. We see it on here after a match and around the ground at the end of the game, talk of how awful the football is, how awful the board/manager is. It is creeping into the match atmosphere by the relative silence from our support until something happens on the pitch.

Personally didn't hear boos for Kone from the lower Bullens, and those I don't agree with. But something needs to be done to address the negativity enveloping the club at the moment and encouraging a positive - or really just any - atmosphere inside Goodison will go along way

no matter what i think about the team performance/players i get uncomfortable and embarrassed when we boo!! just sayin like!

It is crap the way some fans go at our players.

But it does work the other way round too. Don't play crap, don't get bood.

For me anyway. Would I boo? Probably not. But I can see why people do.

Clearly time for the Club to introduce a list of approved reactions to the play.

Bad enough that some people boo but the fact that they disappoint / disgust some people on the internet is beyond horror.

Clearly time for the Club to introduce a list of approved reactions to the play.

Bad enough that some people boo but the fact that they disappoint / disgust some people on the internet is beyond horror.
It is mate, I'm afraid I may be banned from GP,I never stayed to clap the players and their kids at the last game of the Season..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back