Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

'Fans'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably repeating much of what's been said. While I completely agree that the football was dire similar to last season, and a lot of people are wazzed off with our inactivity in the transfer market while everyone is spending the Sky dosh, I thought the crowd was abysmal on Saturday. I've been a season ticket holder for about 16 out of the last 20 seasons and I don't think I've ever seen the crowd so quick to turn on the team during the first match of the season. The atmosphere is so toxic at the minute with very little by way of support or singing. Bad times

Thought we'd sold out the full 3000 for Southampton but apparently we've sent back 1000 of them and classed it as sold out anyway. This true?

There were definitely pretty loud collective mumbles of discontent when Kone appeared on the touchline ready to come on however most fans tried to drown it out through applauding the guy. I felt sorry for him really, i've not been his biggest fan but he played pretty well on saturday and deserved his goal

Yeah selling out stadiums home and away despite 20 years without a sniff of a trophy, best players sold, no ambition from board or players, rubbish fans us.
No, just because people express some concerns about one issue - in the OP's case the booing of Kone - doesn't translate to a blanket condemnation. It is possible to think we have great fans in general but have some issues on how that support is expressed at times.

It is the same thing as criticism of a player - you can think they are generally excellent but have certain weaknesses that can improved on.

From what i've heard on TV, i am disappointed. So-called fans booing to our players.
Goodison park was like a fortress, now it is not a fortress any more.

If Shaqiri was watching the game against Watford, I would be no surprise that he chose Stoke eventually.
No support from the crowd, the game just play like in an away day.

I supposed Shaqiri does not know much about our board, right?

I respect to all of you who voices out the problems from our board, Elstone, players. etc.
But during the game, please just show our support to the players. That is what we does, right?

Been going the match now 35 years. That's a long time when you think about it. I was very lucky to have seen the mid-80's. I was a bit young to fully appreciate what winning titles meant...
I was thirtysomething in the mid-80s and remember tying a Blue ribbon around our dog's neck before walking her to the shops the morning of the 1984 Cup Final, so proud was I. I was prouder still as I stood at Wembley Stadium and cheered the lads as they paraded the cup.

Wembley became my second home over the next few years, even though there was little to celebrate at the end of most games. I look back at that glorious time with immense pride and, notwithstanding 1995, it breaks my heart how greatly the club suffered from the European ban (which was when I became a bitter blue) and that has been highlighted by our lack of growth and success since.

I wonder how many who booed remember the mid-80s? Those that don't will never know the sadness we feel. Yet we would never think of making a public disgrace of ourselves. People down here often wonder why I chose to support Everton and, as we all know, I didn't choose Everton, Everton chose me, and made me feel specially blessed. When I was aged 12, and a relatively new Blue, Fred Pickering was bought to ultimately replace my hero, Alex Young, I was frightened that it meant the end of the Golden Vision. When my fears were realized, although I cried for days, I never once thought of booing Fred. Times change, people move on.

Maybe I'm just made of different stuff because now, as I am now 62 and about to move to an over 60s retirement apartment with my wife, although I have become cynical where politicians and wannabe reality 'celebrities' are concerned, I will never EVER become cynical where my beloved Everton are concerned.

I was thirtysomething in the mid-80s and remember tying a Blue ribbon around our dog's neck before walking her to the shops the morning of the 1984 Cup Final, so proud was I. I was prouder still as I stood at Wembley Stadium and cheered the lads as they paraded the cup.

Wembley became my second home over the next few years, even though there was little to celebrate at the end of most games. I look back at that glorious time with immense pride and, notwithstanding 1995, it breaks my heart how greatly the club suffered from the European ban (which was when I became a bitter blue) and that has been highlighted by our lack of growth and success since.

I wonder how many who booed remember the mid-80s? Those that don't will never know the sadness we feel. Yet we would never think of making a public disgrace of ourselves. People down here often wonder why I chose to support Everton and, as we all know, I didn't choose Everton, Everton chose me, and made me feel specially blessed. When I was aged 12, and a relatively new Blue, Fred Pickering was bought to ultimately replace my hero, Alex Young, I was frightened that it meant the end of the Golden Vision. When my fears were realized, although I cried for days, I never once thought of booing Fred. Times change, people move on.

Maybe I'm just made of different stuff because now, as I am now 62 and about to move to an over 60s retirement apartment with my wife, although I have become cynical where politicians and wannabe reality 'celebrities' are concerned, I will never EVER become cynical where my beloved Everton are concerned.

I bet there is a great thread in the making with your gen...my gen (44)...and others in what you said. My 30 somethings were in the 90's by comparison...thankfully I didn't have full access as an American back then...shame I could only celebrate on a minor liner note in the New York Times back in the mid 80's.

Full access for us over here was the Moyes era...which was decent like...but filled with underachievement whilst overachieving if that makes any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back